ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success 1-oct-10 Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sach1636
Newly Registered

ILR success 1-oct-10 Croydon PEO

Post by sach1636 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:24 pm

My ILR application is success. Almost all points are mentioned here on forum and mere reading resolves 99% of queries. Thanks everyone on forum.

My case:
WP+WP+T1.
Absences from UK 235 days (incl holidays, weekends, annual leave, business trips but all were paid)

I arrived with family about an hour before appointment after long long drive on miserable rainy day. 2nd Security guard was cooperative and allowed shelter :) (thanks to my wife). Airport style check. Queue. Quick check of documents (was asked just P60s, proof/document from previous employer P60s, letter from current employer, 3 salary slips,3 bank statements, LIUK certificates).I had bag full of documents bills etc incase they ask about proof of each residence. My kid was running riot by now. First floor, payment @ window then small slip / token was given.Was told to ensure token stays with me all time. Token numbers are displayed on screen e.g, argos ordering system and once announced you go to respective window.

Case worker was very helpful. She went through all documents mentioned while validating my form earlier, had a glance on absence spreadsheet which contained details of entry, exit and number of working days excluding weekends (150 in mycase), said I was ok with number of days out. She also revailed I had scored brownie points over my wife in LIUK. happy me. She took copies of my documents and told to collect passports after 1.5 hours.

I came back to collect my passports with 'stamp of independence' from visa hassles. All process went extremely smooth.

Lessons learned:
- Call HO to check if family is required at appointment, this saves lots of hassle especially with kids.
- Check nearest PEO office and then take appointment, ensure you avoid traffic hotspots like M25 if possible
- Write case reference number, one sent by SMS, on top of application.
- NCP car parks, ensure you go out in 15 minutes from payment timestamp. 16th minute and you pay..I always believed parking is best business. :roll:

cheers!

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Congratulations to you and family!!!

I wil be grateful, if you can suggest when and how should one book appointment.

I am still not sure if they release appointments 6 or 8 weeks prior to due date, and is calling them the best option...

calvtan

Post by calvtan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:53 am

Congratulations!

Enjoy the new immigration freedom!

xyz123

Re: ILR success 1-oct-10 Croydon PEO

Post by xyz123 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:51 am

sach1636 wrote:My ILR application is success. Almost all points are mentioned here on forum and mere reading resolves 99% of queries. Thanks everyone on forum.

My case:
WP+WP+T1.
Absences from UK 235 days (incl holidays, weekends, annual leave, business trips but all were paid)

I arrived with family about an hour before appointment after long long drive on miserable rainy day. 2nd Security guard was cooperative and allowed shelter :) (thanks to my wife). Airport style check. Queue. Quick check of documents (was asked just P60s, proof/document from previous employer P60s, letter from current employer, 3 salary slips,3 bank statements, LIUK certificates).I had bag full of documents bills etc incase they ask about proof of each residence. My kid was running riot by now. First floor, payment @ window then small slip / token was given.Was told to ensure token stays with me all time. Token numbers are displayed on screen e.g, argos ordering system and once announced you go to respective window.

Case worker was very helpful. She went through all documents mentioned while validating my form earlier, had a glance on absence spreadsheet which contained details of entry, exit and number of working days excluding weekends (150 in mycase), said I was ok with number of days out. She also revailed I had scored brownie points over my wife in LIUK. happy me. She took copies of my documents and told to collect passports after 1.5 hours.

I came back to collect my passports with 'stamp of independence' from visa hassles. All process went extremely smooth.

Lessons learned:
- Call HO to check if family is required at appointment, this saves lots of hassle especially with kids.
- Check nearest PEO office and then take appointment, ensure you avoid traffic hotspots like M25 if possible
- Write case reference number, one sent by SMS, on top of application.
- NCP car parks, ensure you go out in 15 minutes from payment timestamp. 16th minute and you pay..I always believed parking is best business. :roll:

cheers!
would you be kind enough to share your absences spreadsheet as a template?

sach1636
Newly Registered

Post by sach1636 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:27 pm

wphsmpteir1 wrote:Congratulations to you and family!!!

I wil be grateful, if you can suggest when and how should one book appointment.

I am still not sure if they release appointments 6 or 8 weeks prior to due date, and is calling them the best option...
I used the online booking system of UKBA and was fortunate to get appointment with in 4 weeks, surprisingly there were many showing at that time. This probably means like airline tickets appointments are released after every few days.

sach1636
Newly Registered

Post by sach1636 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:44 pm

xyz123 wrote: would you be kind enough to share your absences spreadsheet as a template?
Very straight forward, hope you find it useful.
http://rapidshare.com/files/422681050/U ... mplate.xls

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:55 pm

sach1636 wrote:
xyz123 wrote: would you be kind enough to share your absences spreadsheet as a template?
Very straight forward, hope you find it useful.
http://rapidshare.com/files/422681050/U ... mplate.xls
hi that link doesnt seem to be working, could you please kindly email me the file. i have sent my email address by PM to you. thanks a lot