ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Job In UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rao_Bang

Got Job In UK

Post by Rao_Bang » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi

I have 7.5 yrs of Java/J2ee exp. I came to Uk on 3rd Sept. I got two jobs on Sept 23rd.

My Interview experince:
In UK, Java/J2ee jobs are there, but lot of competation. for 1 job, around 100 people are attending for interview. Here every company is conducting minimum 3 to 4 rounds of interviews. I expected interview process in UK is easy, but compared to India, here interview process is very difficult. sept 6th onwards I got lot of calls, my resume is shortlisted in lot of companies, I got selected upto 2nd and 3rd round in most companies, but nobody is given me the offer. After 15 days of my jobsearch one day I was thinking "why i came to uk? I had taken wrong decision"( In india i was getting 12lacs per annum), but god grace after 5 days i got 2 jobs.

My suggestion: 1. Before coming to UK, think twice.
2. Here lot of competation.
3. Technically very strong
4. communication skills
5. keep on applying
6.Only positive thinking.

Regards
Rao
N
Last edited by Rao_Bang on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namastelondon

Re: My Job search Exp in Uk

Post by namastelondon » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Rao_Bang wrote:Hi

I have 7.5 yrs of Java/J2ee exp. I came to Uk on 3rd Sept. I got two jobs on Sept 23rd.

My Interview experince:
In UK, Java/J2ee jobs are there, but lot of competation. for 1 job, around 100 people are attending for interview. Here every company is conducting minimum 3 to 4 rounds of interviews. I expected interview process in UK is easy, but compared to India, here interview process is very difficult. sept 6th onwards I got lot of calls, my resume is shortlisted in lot of companies, I got selected upto 2nd and 3rd round in most companies, but nobody is given me the offer. After 15 days of my jobsearch one day I was thinking "why i came to uk? I had taken wrong decision"( In india i was getting 12lacs per annum), but god grace after 5 days i got 2 jobs.

My suggestion: 1. Before coming to UK, think twice.
2. Here lot of competation.
3. Technically very strong
4. communication skills
5. keep on applying
6.Only positive thinking.

Regards
Rao
N
Congrats for getting job!. Is it permanent or contract?
Can you please also share the location and salary details?

Rao_Bang

Post by Rao_Bang » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:49 am

one is Contract 350 pounds per day -------London
one is permanent: 42000pounds per annum-----Luton

What about you? where are you working? What is ur salary details?

aprao_bangalore
Newly Registered

Post by aprao_bangalore » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Congratulations! Have you come alone or with family. I think we spoke earlier. I too am from bangalore and moved here in August.