ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO Croydon IT system down, how long do I have to wait?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

piggy20007
Newly Registered

ILR PEO Croydon IT system down, how long do I have to wait?

Post by piggy20007 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi,

I went to apply ILR at PEO Croydon. I was told by a case worker that the system was down and asked me to wait. After about an hour of waiting, she asked me back to the counter and told me that the system was unlikely to came back up online today but she said my application is granted, just cannot grant today so she will post my passport back to me at later date. My questions are:
1. Have anyone experienced this situation and how long do I have to wait to get the passport back?
2. She said the application was granted but since the system was down I was not sure how she made that decision. Will what she told me today (i.e. the decision that my application is granted) be revised and may changed again? I just dont' want to give up my hope up too high right now.

I had already paid £1000 sth to the service and I thought I could have my passport back in one day. If anyone has this kind of experience, please let me know. Thank you.

Nissy

mteja

Post by mteja » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:32 pm

@Piggy sorry to hear about your dissappointment. when did that happen? Saturday just gone??
togetherness as one

piggy20007
Newly Registered

Post by piggy20007 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Yes it was just last Saturday. Still have not received my passport back. The case worker said it won't be long but she didn't say how long I have to wait. I have paid premium service so if I have to wait weeks and weeks, wouldn't I better off paying regular service? As this is not the complication of the case but rather an IT system down, would I be able to claim the difference back if it will take longer than four weeks?

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:14 pm

I wouldn't rock the boat before you receive your passport back, but when you have it in your hands with the visa granted, I'd certainly apply to them for a refund. It's not really fair that you have had to pay the premium fee, but have to wait for the passport because their systems were down - albeit that the situation was not their fault.

I'd try it, but they could come back saying that as they gave you your decision on the day, they are justified in charging you the premium fee.

Hope it arrives soon!

piggy20007
Newly Registered

Post by piggy20007 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi I still have not receives my passport back. I'm worry now because I had planned to travel soon. I have called the PEO number today several times but they cannot provide any update. This is really frustrated. I want my passport back because I'm sure the IT system must have been back online since then. I really am upset now because I have paid premium service wiu extra £200 but is treated with the regular service. The most frustrated thing is that I need my passport back soon but they don't even have a number for me to call. What should I do? Any advice would be appreciate it.

piggy20007
Newly Registered

Post by piggy20007 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi everyone just to keep you update on my situation, I finally have received my passport back today with a stamp. So it has been one week since the IT system down in peo Croydon. Thanks you everyone for your support

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Congratulations..could you please let us know what documents you've submitted and also on which basis your applied for ILR i.e Workpermit or HSMP

piggy20007
Newly Registered

Post by piggy20007 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi, I am more than happy to share all experience I had on applying ILR at Croydon office. I will set a new topic so that people can see it on the topics list.

Piggy20007