ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 years Illegal immigrant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:36 am

kiwigirl25 wrote:
Blackwater1 wrote:Hi kiwi,
14 years in one's life is a LONG period,If someone is able to pass that then that person must be having nerves of steel.I don't think couple of years would make any difference but OP has found this forum as a place to share his emotions and that's the mistake he is making.Sometimes it is better to suffer the pain alone rather than sharing with others.Because we will show sympathy towards him over here but none of us will/can help him personally.He has to understand this or emotions expressed over here towards him(which are useless practically)will break him.He has to kill time anyhow,anyway.
Hi BW

I understand your point and agree but disagree slightly. I believe in whatever suits the individual. Personally I'm wary of sharing my emotions on a forum like this and regret the moments of weakness in which I do. It leaves you open to attack and makes the situation worse.

But I would like to think this poster gets the comfort he needs from this forum otherwise they wouldn't keep on coming back :D I wouldn't like to think he thinks he will get an answer to all his problems here :?
Hi Kiwigirl25,
As in life you have to take the good with the bad and I would like to think that the support you have received in this forum far outweighs your regrets.
Some choices are hard to make and sometimes you do not have a choice and some immigration issues leave me in anger at deception used and some leave me empathising with those needing help but overall I think this forum is a great help to those who are looking for support

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:32 pm

mochyn wrote:
Hi Kiwigirl25,
As in life you have to take the good with the bad and I would like to think that the support you have received in this forum far outweighs your regrets.
Some choices are hard to make and sometimes you do not have a choice and some immigration issues leave me in anger at deception used and some leave me empathising with those needing help but overall I think this forum is a great help to those who are looking for support
I didn't explain myself well enough. The moments I regret are my lowest points, when I don't think I can continue. I've come on here looking for sympathy and support but instead have been "pounced" upon by trolls. Making me feel worse than ever. Overall I have some great virtual friends on this board who I know will be there for me every step of the way as I am for them. People I know I can PM because they will help pick up my mood. You're right it outweighs the bad :D

But this is not my thread to discuss my feelings. I hope the latter reason is why the OP returns to this board. My hearts breaks for him. I think they are a very strong individual because it takes emotional and physical strength to go what they've been through and to have survived. I wish with all my heart their next post is to tell us good news.

Post by 2347526 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:34 am

Hi everyone,

I received a letter asking for passport size photos and proof of identification to submit to HO. I have been told, by friends and relatives, it is good news as the HO will be dealing with my case. Please can anyone advice as to how long it takes to get the reply/decision and whether it is ok to call them during the waiting period. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by 2347526 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:08 pm

hello

Don t know how long it could take to get an answer.
I have been reading your story for a while and I m pleased u got at least a letter from them

Good luck

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:49 pm

2347526, in one sense that's a good sign: your application officially "exists" in the system, which must be at least some cause for satisfaction after so long in limbo.

In a long-running recent case I had, a request for photos, ID and further information was eventually followed by grant of ILR about 4 months later. So I hope that there is light at the end of your tunnel too.

Good luck

Post by 2347526 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Kitty wrote:In a long-running recent case I had, a request for photos, ID and further information was eventually followed by grant of ILR about 4 months later.
Hi,

Thank you for the responses. Why does it vary with replies after submitting the photos, identifications and other documents? I know two people, one was answered within two weeks and the other about three weeks. Why did it take four months for the person above. Were any information required wrong or not submitted? What average waiting time should I expect? Once again thank you for all the advice.

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:21 pm

just as a guidance, I am a different case to you based on FLR M, they send me a letter requesting extra documents and 4 photos on the 4th Nov 2009 and my solicitor sent them back on 18th they stamped my visa on 23rd Nov 2009 and they sent it to my solicitor on the 26th Jan, I my self been in the UK 13 years with no papers. good luck and the most important thing is to keep positive.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:43 am

2347526 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for the responses. Why does it vary with replies after submitting the photos, identifications and other documents? I know two people, one was answered within two weeks and the other about three weeks. Why did it take four months for the person above. Were any information required wrong or not submitted? What average waiting time should I expect? Once again thank you for all the advice.
In the case I was handling, the extra information was required to update the process because the original application had been made 4 years ago and was not straightforward. There was quite a lot of material to go through.

For a more straightforward case, it may simply take less time to go through the additional documents: it depends what was requested.

Unfortunately, predicting UKBA timescales requries more magic than I have in my box of tricks at the moment!

Post by 2347526 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been granted ILR.
I thank God very much and I am very grateful to you all who helped me, through advice and support, in this forum.
I am very happy and lost for words.
Thank you again.

Mary1

Post by Mary1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:44 pm

hi 2347526

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2347526....I have never commented on your post but have always kept my fingers crossed and prayed for you..Your freedom has come at a cost to you but now nothing can hold you back.......Enjoy what life holds for you.

My very best wishes

M

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:30 pm

wow congrats! I was rooting for you :)
I tell it like it is.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:40 am

Congrats 2347526. Your story always was sort of sticking around in the recesses of my mind wondering whatever happened with this case. Now maybe you can plan some of things you wanted to do in your life (mentioned earlier in this thread) with a LOT more certainty.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:19 pm

OP i am very pleased that your struggle has finally come to an end after over 2 years. the system sought to break you, but you stood firm. I wish you all the best for the future.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ejw4h9

Post by ejw4h9 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Congratulations! I would search out your thread every week to see if there were updates. I'm very excited for you and can only imagine the relief that you feel. Enjoy your new status!

Post by 2347526 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your support and kind words. Please could someone explain to me, with the new changes in immigration laws, how long do I need to wait before applying for naturalisation? I know it used to be 1 year but I have been told it changed to 5 years recently. Please advice. Thank you.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:26 pm

After completing 5 years of lawful stay in the UK. See standard requirements.

regards

Family Joining Me in UK

Post by 2347526 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I posted.

A lot has happened and I am a happily married man now.

In short, I got married and I have a year old daughter. I want them to join me in the UK and I know of all the requirements for making the application.

The challenge I am facing is my wife and daughter are from Yemen and the British Embassy is closed there. The alternative is for them to travel either to Egypt, Jordan or UAE to make the application.

This is where it becomes challenging as:

1. They have to stay there during the application process as her passport will be taken and the process time is between 3 - 6 months

2. I have to leave work and join them as I cannot leave them alone in the foreign country and we do not know anyone there.

3. I have to be able to support myself in the UK and the other place at the same time with no source of income during that time.

Please could you advice if there is any other way to make the application or exemption as it is not right that my family is forced to visit a third country (which has nothing to do with UK) for them to come here and it will cost a lot of money for rent, food etc while we are there and I will not be able to work while I am with them.

Please advice.

Thank you.