ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR guidance needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dodda1
Newly Registered

ILR guidance needed

Post by dodda1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 am

Hello. We're just starting to get the paperwork ready for husbands ILR application and wondered if anybody can give guidance of what paperwork we need to provide in the following circumstances:

1) Husband is a self-employed contractor and has been since coming to the UK. Has worked with the same building company albeit self employed so all income from the one source and paid by cheque (with 20% withheld) into separate bank account (only used for business expenses not household expenses). Used an accountant for 2009-2010 tax return (I did 2008-2009) and accountant drew up full accounts showing all income, tax, profit, expenses, etc from when he started in December 2008.

2) We live in a council house where I am the tenant so he isn't named on the contract but when I applied for the council house I put it down that he would be living here. They just wouldn't add him on as only had temporary visa.

Any help and guidance much appreciated.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:46 am

Not sure what your query is.
For SET(M) application submit last year's HMRC self-assessment/accounts and bank statements. + all other documents requested in Section 10 of the application form.
As long as he's submitting at least 6 proofs of joint address from 3 different categories spread over the 2 years, he doesn't need to have his name on the tenancy.

dodda1
Newly Registered

Post by dodda1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Not sure what your query is.
Sorry I wasn't very clear. I keep reading that people are submitting letters from employers to say how long they have worked there and that they will still have work and also that they submit payslips, employment contracts, etc.

As DH is self-employed he obviously cant supply these kinds of things so wondered if there was anything like a projection of earnings or 'official' letter kind of thing needed from accountants as I can't see in the guidance anything about self-employed evidence.
For SET(M) application submit last year's HMRC self-assessment/accounts and bank statements
When you say bank statements do you mean all his business account statements from the past 2 years???
he doesn't need to have his name on the tenancy.
I was just checking as I thought I remembered reading when applying for first visa about needing a letter from the council that the accommodation wouldn't be over crowded with him living there or something to that effect so just wanted to check we didn't need anything like that???