ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How is Luton? Is it safe place to live?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rao_Bang

How is Luton? Is it safe place to live?

Post by Rao_Bang » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi Friends,

I got job in Luton, I(indian) am planning to live in Luton?
If you know any good places to stay in and around the luton, Please let me know

Regards
Narayana Rao

razian97

Re: How is Luton? Is it safe place to live?

Post by razian97 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Rao_Bang wrote:Hi Friends,

I got job in Luton, I(indian) am planning to live in Luton?
If you know any good places to stay in and around the luton, Please let me know

Regards
Narayana Rao
I have been living in Luton, burry park and Dunstable road is Asian area, you can find all the necessary Asian style supermarkets for shopping around these both areas,. Luton is near London that's why is bit expensive

Rao_Bang

Post by Rao_Bang » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Thank you for your reply. I have one more question some people told that Luton is not safe place to live. is it Correct stament?

Actually I am worrying based on some people openions, but based on your reply I got some confidence.

I think for IT professionals( morning 8.30 to 6pm) it is not a problem from some gangs Is it Correct?

If possible, please provide me your contact number, I want to ask some more questions.

Thanks
Rao

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:30 pm

Rao, I've heard some good and bad things about Luton. I think before you move anywhere, check out the area first and preferably at night too so that you can get a feel of what it will be like. I know when an area will be good or bad to live in just by the first five mintues sometimes. All of Luton can't be bad and I think you'll be fine. I've lived in some very rough areas in the past and nothing bad has happened to me. Just mind your own business and nobody will look at you twice.
I tell it like it is.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

There is no such place as totally safe in this world. Just some are more dangerous than others and in UK, city centers the most unsafe places at night specially if you are not from the 'superior white British race'.

Just be careful and you will be all right.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:41 am

I agree with Pakhtoon, city centres suck at night with all the raving morons coming out of clubs/pubs. Not sure bout central London though seemed safe at night but I'm biased because I love it :P .
I tell it like it is.