ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter From Home Office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AzimScot

Letter From Home Office

Post by AzimScot » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi,

Just got a letter from the home office to say they received our SET M form and will be passing to a case unit adviser to process.

They stated if they require further information or documentation they will inform us?? Does this mean if you forget to include a document or forget to fill out a section or part on the application form they will notify you to change it without rejecting it completely because you forgot to tick a box on 1 page?

Also, they mentioned quite demeening not to contact them as they will contact us!

Anyone else had this letter or had to send away more docs to the home office after they requested?

Thanks.

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:07 pm

This is the standard letter that you receive for any application made by post to the HO. I received the exact same letter for my application just to change my name on my ID card from my maiden name to my married name - it's just the bog standard print off that gets sent out as acknowledgement, no matter how important, big or small your application is. :) I also received it years ago for my student visa.

I'd wait for expert opinion or first-hand experience, but I think that the advantage you have doing postal over in-person apps is that you are told if they need anything else and are given a few days in which to submit it to them. In-person applications don't carry that option :)

I'd just sit back and wait (and wait and wait and wait... :P), I'm sure your app will be fine :)

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:54 pm

I wasnt aware they give you a chance to submit more documents after you send the application away if you missed something thought it was tough luck pay again or appeal seems not bad imo.

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:59 am

I think it depends on the nature of the extra documentation they need. If you forget to include your passport for example, I'm thinking they'd then just refuse it straight away.

But as I said, wait for expert opinion on that point, although as for the letter, it's standard, so nothing to worry about. :)