ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation of EEA-national and benefits

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

boloney

naturalisation of EEA-national and benefits

Post by boloney » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi all
My nationality is Polish, I was granted PR august last year, so at the moment I`m able for naturalization. my daughter was born last month and I`m not be able to do it now because of money we have to spend.
my wife(Polish) is on SMP at the moment, she will leave work after SMP runs out.to date I did`t claim any penny in benefits but now I will have no choice, so we will apply for child benefit, working and child tax credit, housing benefit. I don`t know which of them we will get because my wife did work last tax year, so we earn too much :)
any way question is:
if we as a couple will claim all the benefits(if we get them) will I still be able for naturalization as a British Citizen or that will stop my naturalization process? I was about to wait for my wife when she get her PR(august 2011) and them wait another year(august 2012) and apply as a couple, but I don`t know about the benefits.
another think is: how long takes all naturalization process?I still did`t do life in the uk test, so I have to start from the beginning.
Thanks for any help :)

John

Post by John » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Given that you didn't need to pass the Life in the UK Citizenship test in order to get your PR status, you will need to pass that test in order to be permitted to apply for Naturalisation.

Benefits? You are entitled to claim the benefits you mention, and such claims will have no effect on your wife's PR, or your or her Naturalisation.
John

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:14 pm

John wrote:Given that you didn't need to pass the Life in the UK Citizenship test in order to get your PR status, you will need to pass that test in order to be permitted to apply for Naturalisation.

Benefits? You are entitled to claim the benefits you mention, and such claims will have no effect on your wife's PR, or your or her Naturalisation.
thanks John :)