ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Qualifying Period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Due4ILR
Newly Registered

ILR - Qualifying Period

Post by Due4ILR » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:24 pm

Hi There,

ILR Qualifying period is 5 years, However you can send application 28 days before Qualifying period - does it mean the Qualifying period is (4 Years 11 months 2 days)?

As I'm finishing my 5 years on 31st of July, However - I found on some website the date of implementation for new earned citizenship is introducing on 21st July 2011.

Now my question is - If I send application on 3rd of July (before 28 days of finishing 5 years), My application will be considered under Existing (ILR rules) or it will be considered under New rules implemented on 21st of July.

Thanks a lot for all help over above.....

Regards,

John

Post by John » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:41 pm

I found on some website the date of implementation for new earned citizenship is introducing on 21st July 2011.
Did you? Where? My understanding is that the Government is still deliberating on the consultation and about what to do.
If I send application on 3rd of July (before 28 days of finishing 5 years), My application will be considered under Existing (ILR rules)
Yes! There is nothing to suggest otherwise.
John

Due4ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Due4ILR » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:04 pm

John wrote:
I found on some website the date of implementation for new earned citizenship is introducing on 21st July 2011.
Did you? Where? My understanding is that the Government is still deliberating on the consultation and about what to do.
If I send application on 3rd of July (before 28 days of finishing 5 years), My application will be considered under Existing (ILR rules)

Thanks John !!!!

Due4ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Due4ILR » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Due4ILR wrote:
John wrote:

Thanks John !!!!

Thanks John for your advise,

Just need to confirm one thing - If I submit application under 28 days of Qualifying period - and the Rules changes in the mean time Say, I've submit application on 4th July ( that will be 4 Years 11 months and 4 days) and they receive application on 5th July - However, rules applicable on consider by 11th of July - What will be the status of my application, Will it be consider under existing rules or will be consider under new rules.

Also, if I choose premium service (Same day) - Do I need to specify some reason, as to why I'm choosing Premium service? (as of 3rd July I'll not be finishing 5 years and it will be 4 Years 11 months and 3 days) -

Note - I've Tier1 visa valid till Dec 2012

Cheers for all your help !!!!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Due4ILR wrote:If I submit application under 28 days of Qualifying period - and the Rules changes in the mean time Say, I've submit application on 4th July ( that will be 4 Years 11 months and 4 days) and they receive application on 5th July - However, rules applicable on consider by 11th of July - What will be the status of my application, Will it be consider under existing rules or will be consider under new rules.
Old rules.
Due4ILR wrote:Also, if I choose premium service (Same day) - Do I need to specify some reason, as to why I'm choosing Premium service?
No.

regards

Due4ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Due4ILR » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:46 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
Due4ILR wrote:If I submit application under 28 days of Qualifying period - and the Rules changes in the mean time Say, I've submit application on 4th July ( that will be 4 Years 11 months and 4 days) and they receive application on 5th July - However, rules applicable on consider by 11th of July - What will be the status of my application, Will it be consider under existing rules or will be consider under new rules.
Old rules.
Thanks a lot Sushdmehta, One more question?

But will they not ask, if I've long VISA why I'm sending application before? (why not submit after 5 years i.e after 1st of Aug?)
sushdmehta wrote:
Due4ILR wrote:Also, if I choose premium service (Same day) - Do I need to specify some reason, as to why I'm choosing Premium service?
No.
5 Years History - 1st WP (from July 2006 till Dec 2008) + 2nd WP (WP Transfered to UK employer from Sep 2008 Till Sep 2013) + Tier1 General (From Dec 2009 Till Dec 2012).

Also - I dont have 5 years P60 ( As i was on one Indian Company which was paying Group Tax.

Please can you confirm.

Thanks,
regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Due4ILR wrote:But will they not ask, if I've long VISA why I'm sending application before? (why not submit after 5 years i.e after 1st of Aug?)
Because, under current rules, one is allowed to apply (28 days) earlier than the 5th anniversary. And if you apply within the 28 days period or after completing 5 years, no questions are asked.

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:20 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.