ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help: When can i apply for BC in my case

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deejubbs
Newly Registered

Please help: When can i apply for BC in my case

Post by deejubbs » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:40 pm

I currently hold an ILR visa with my wife and 2 kids. One of our kids was born in the UK in 2000 and at the time we were trying to get our stay in the country sorted. This however dragged for 7 years after being advised by a lawyer to wait until our UK born child turns 7. In November of 2007 we then submitted the ILR application which was granted to all in October 2009. My question here is do we now have to wait 3 years to apply for naturalisation or can we apply after the 1 year rule.
Any help appriciated.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:17 pm

What was your (self, spouse and any born-abroad child) immigration status in the UK before being granted settlement?

regards

deejubbs
Newly Registered

Post by deejubbs » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:14 pm

sushdmehta wrote:What was your (self, spouse and any born-abroad child) immigration status in the UK before being granted settlement?

regards
I couldnt tell you what we were cause the solicitor kept our documents saying to wait for when i our daughter turn 7 and the wait was a gruelling 4 years. The last Visa we had was a student visa which had expired in 2003 Dec.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:16 am

Ask your solicitor! And without the info., difficult to answer your query.

Unless applying as spouse / civil partner of a British citizen, one needs to complete 5 years lawful stay in the UK before becoming eligible for naturalisation.

regards