ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfare of ILR to new passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jamil05

Transfare of ILR to new passport

Post by jamil05 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:41 pm

I have ILR granted outside immigration rules. I never had Life in UK test before. Home office gave me a VISA stamped on A4 paper. Now i want to travel outside UK for the first time in 10 years. I have a New passport from my country of Origin, but there is no VISA in it.

Question is: Do i need Life in UK test for home office to put a visa in my passport? as i dont feel comfortable travelling with an A4 paper as proof of residency.

Thanks for your help.

malli

Post by malli » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:07 pm

ppl have been doing it for years, so dont be scared you dont need to transfer your visa in your passport. it will cost you to let HO put the visa in there and sometimes your passport get lost.