ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for UK citizenship as eea national family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

soulqueeng
Newly Registered

Applying for UK citizenship as eea national family member

Post by soulqueeng » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:22 am

I already have a post in here about my lost passport which had my PR vignette inside and was awarded to me as eea national family member last dec. So won't repeat too much about that.

However I want to know if anyone has any opinion or experience as to whether I can apply for British citizenship sucessfully without replacing the PR vignette in my new passport as to do so requires the long process of re-applying.

If so what would I need in order to make naturalisation application. Especially as their is a likelihood that my ex an eea national may not co-operate with any applications on my behalf.

Thanks for any response. :wink: :)
Last edited by soulqueeng on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mamag
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for ILR without PR vignette in passport

Post by mamag » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:16 pm

soulqueeng wrote:I already have a post in here about my lost passport which had my PR vignette inside and was awarded to me as eea national family member last dec. So won't repeat too much about that.

However I want to know if anyone has any opinion or experience as to whether I can apply for ILR without replacing the PR vignette in my new passport.

If so what would I need in order to make ILR application as nigerian citizen married (but now separated) to a German citizen. Especially as their is a likelihood that my ex may not co-operate with any applications on my behalf.

Thanks for any response. :wink: :)
Sorry to hear about your trouble, my advise for you is to get a new passport get temporary EEA family permit to get to UK, when you are in UK , look at the option of applying for British citizen , if you PR was issued in December'09 then you should now be qualify for naturalisation . All you need to prove to HO is 6years of residence as EEA family member in UK plus a pass in life in the UK test . ILR option is long thing . U can use ur driving license to take life in the UK test . Then finally , back it up with prayer

soulqueeng
Newly Registered

Post by soulqueeng » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks mamag for response. Have amended my post as got my wires twisted over ILR. Need to know likelihood of success of naturalisation application without PR vignette in passport.