ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby Registration in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

untame274
Newly Registered

Baby Registration in UK

Post by untame274 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:02 pm

1. I non-EEA have a 5 yr residence stamp allowing me to work etc.
2. My wife is an irish citizen(EEA) national. (excercising her treaty rights by working but for now on maternity leave).
3. Baby was born on the 04.10.2010.
4. What is the way to register the baby for british citizenship, she has a NI already.

HDC

boloney

Re: Baby Registration in UK

Post by boloney » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:19 pm

untame274 wrote:1. I non-EEA have a 5 yr residence stamp allowing me to work etc.
2. My wife is an irish citizen(EEA) national. (excercising her treaty rights by working but for now on maternity leave).
4. What is the way to register the baby for british citizenship, she has a NI already.

HDC
if she is settled (been in the UK for 5 years, and have proof for this period)in the uk you do not need to register new born, just apply for british passport.
I have recieved my daughter passport today, I`m polish, have been in UK for 6 years, have permanent residence card, that was enough for my daughter british passport

boloney

Re: Baby Registration in UK

Post by boloney » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:22 pm

untame274 wrote:1. I non-EEA have a 5 yr residence stamp allowing me to work etc.

HDC
if your wife complete 5 years after your baby was born, then you may have to register baby as british using form mn1

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:45 am

Child born in the UK may already automatically be British because mother is an Irish citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.