ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

birth certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angel786

birth certificate

Post by angel786 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Appologies if this is the wrong forum

Hello

I am about to apply for my birth passport but they are asking for a birth certificate which I dont have. I was born outside uk in 1984 but i have naturalised.

What else can i provide,, please help

boloney

Re: birth certificate

Post by boloney » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:45 pm

angel786 wrote:Appologies if this is the wrong forum

Hello

I am about to apply for my birth passport but they are asking for a birth certificate which I dont have. I was born outside uk in 1984 but i have naturalised.

What else can i provide,, please help
Did you call advice line on 0300 222 0000?

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:35 pm

If you are naturalised citizen no need for Birth Certificate, Your current passport and Naturalisation certificate is sufficient for you to apply for British Passport.
Magsi

angel786

Post by angel786 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:40 pm

hello magsi

do you know this though personal experience because passport guide does ask to supply birth certificate if born outside the uk after dec 1982

JulesN19

Post by JulesN19 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:32 am

I am also a British citizen by naturalisation who was born outside the UK. As I recall, the birth certificate is needed only for those whose acquisition of British citizenship was in relation to the circumstances of birth (meaning birth in the UK or by birth outside the UK to British nationals).

The passport application guidance has a list of documents needed, "If you are a British national after getting a Home Office certificate of registration or naturalisation". A birth certificate is not among them.

I did not submit my birth certificate with my first British passport application. I provided:
1. My current US passport
2. My previous US passport (that I used when I first came to the UK)
3. My UK naturalisation certificate
4. A completed UK passport application form (including the section completed by a passport reference)
5. Passport photos (one of which was signed and dated by my passport reference on the back)

You should probably apply using the Post Office's Check and Send service.

angel786

Post by angel786 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:07 am

[quote="JulesN19"]I am also a British citizen by naturalisation who was born outside the UK. As I recall, the birth certificate is needed only for those whose acquisition of British citizenship was in relation to the circumstances of birth (meaning birth in the UK or by birth outside the UK to British nationals).

The passport application guidance has a list of documents needed, "If you are a British national after getting a Home Office certificate of registration or naturalisation". A birth certificate is not among them.

I did not submit my birth certificate with my first British passport application. I provided:
1. My current US passport
2. My previous US passport (that I used when I first came to the UK)
3. My UK naturalisation certificate
4. A completed UK passport application form (including the section completed by a passport reference)
5. Passport photos (one of which was signed and dated by my passport reference on the back)

You should probably apply using the Post Office's Check and Send service.

thx for the detailed information