ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong details on driving license

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

edwardlobo
Newly Registered

Wrong details on driving license

Post by edwardlobo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:28 pm

I just passed my Life in UK test and realised after the person at the centre pointed out that the place of birth on my driving license is wrongly put as UK instead of India !

I have used this as a proof of identity.

A change of this would take another 3 weeks. I was wondering if I should risk and use the driving license as proof as is and worry about changing it later or get the driving license in order first.

I really want to get over with this but if the chances are high that my application will be rejected because of this than I rather do the correction on the driving license first.

I would be grateful if anyone experienced could comment and advice.

thank you.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:29 am

Proof of identity for what? For ILR your identifiy proof is your passport. Why do you need to submit driving licence.

ricky

Post by ricky » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:08 am

you don t need your driving licence if you have a passport

does UKBA check driving licence details when they do police check on the IlR application ?
from my understanding when they do checks they just look for criminal records amd offences they won t see all the details