ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pamu30
Newly Registered

Citizenship Question

Post by pamu30 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Dear all

can anyone kindly give an answer to my query. My daughter is holidaying in sri lanka for the past two months. she is nearly three years and was born in UK in 2008. I just got my ILR and want to apply for her citizenship using MN1. Does she have to come back or can I apply on behalf of her with her being out of UK; and if she gets the Citizenship registration, is it possible to apply for the passport from Uk and send it to sri lanka. She is going to stay there for four months with my family.

Your help is much appreciated

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:35 pm

She is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)) at the consular section, High Commission. Subsequently, after grant of registration, she may apply for a British passport from there too.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pamu30
Newly Registered

Post by pamu30 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:46 am

Thanks a lot vinny. Can I apply for her registration here and then, can apply for the passport in Sri Lanka

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:51 am

I think that she should apply in the country that she is in.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.