ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent passport return (application for permanent residency)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baby_doctor
Newly Registered

Urgent passport return (application for permanent residency)

Post by baby_doctor » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi!

I have sent my paperwork for permanent residency application to UK border agency (EEA citizen) a month ago and about 12 days ago requested urgent passport return. They keep saying that it would be dispatched within the next couple of days (saying this for about 10 days now) and I am desperate now. I need to travel on 16 October and still no passport.
Is there a phone number to call in the home office to resolve this issue? Has anyone had similar experiences? Is there a way to collect a passport in person?

coconutsforme

Re: Urgent passport return (application for permanent reside

Post by coconutsforme » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi baby_doctor,

Unfortunately, the passports can NOT be collected in person. the only number to reach them is 0845 0105 200 (options 1 and 2, i think).

Having your Case ID number handy will simplify the process of logging into your file.

Also, if they confirm that your passport has been dispatched, ask for the Tracking number as it should have been sent as a recorded delivery at least.

I have requested mine on the 4th of October (due to the similar circumstances) and received it within 5 working days.

all the best,

baby_doctor wrote:Hi!

I have sent my paperwork for permanent residency application to UK border agency (EEA citizen) a month ago and about 12 days ago requested urgent passport return. They keep saying that it would be dispatched within the next couple of days (saying this for about 10 days now) and I am desperate now. I need to travel on 16 October and still no passport.
Is there a phone number to call in the home office to resolve this issue? Has anyone had similar experiences? Is there a way to collect a passport in person?