ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 & Tier 2 visa, new requirement!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 1 & Tier 2 visa, new requirement!

Post by bruteforce » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:39 am

What is the purpose of introducing this new requirement of submitting UK NARIC letter with tier 1 or tier 2 visa when the points calculator is always there? Is it yet another move to make money from immigrants?

So its £40.00 plus VAT from hundreds of applicants, not bad, not bad.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... equirement

ukswus

Re: Tier 1 & Tier 2 visa, new requirement!

Post by ukswus » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:15 am

bruteforce wrote:What is the purpose of introducing this new requirement of submitting UK NARIC letter with tier 1 or tier 2 visa when the points calculator is always there? Is it yet another move to make money from immigrants?

So its £40.00 plus VAT from hundreds of applicants, not bad, not bad.

That's incredible. So, having a degree from, say, Oxbridge, is not good enough to prove that your level of English is adequate.

But I wonder, what about being educated in another country where English is the main medium of instruction? Does this new rule imply that you will actually need to take an English test in such cases?

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:12 am

Hi,

Is this new law applicable for those who completed their Masters Degree in UK?
or
Is this applicable to all applicants who is applying from outside UK also?

If you are submitting a postgraduate certificate or diploma awarded by a UK listed body in order to score points for your qualifications or English language skills, you must include a letter of equivalency issued by UK NARIC with your application.

Regards,
Sajin

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:52 am

I think it is only for PG Cert or Diploma obtained in UK. Not for Bachelors Degrees and Masters Degrees holders.

If you are submitting a postgraduate certificate or diploma awarded by a UK listed body in order to score points for your qualifications or English language skills, you must include a letter of equivalency issued by UK NARIC with your application.

laskk

Post by laskk » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:13 am

sajinsanand wrote:
Is this new law applicable for those who completed their Masters Degree in UK?
or
Is this applicable to all applicants who is applying from outside UK also?
i have similar kind of question?

If a applicant with UK master degree apply from Out side UK so what should the applicant have to do?

Any how the BIA update says about the PG certificate or diploma applicant have to arrange this letter. so i think applicant with Bachelor or Masters or PhD need not to worried about this new rule.

what about the applicant who has the PG certificate from well known UK Uni or by a UK listed body, this new rule is not fair with them??

"bruteforce" thanks for the update news.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:48 am

and yet again they have introduced the new requirement at the time when the number of applications is rising. They have updated on 15th October and this applies from 12th October, so anyone (PGd or PGc) who has applied between these 2 dates will have a risk of their applications either being rejected or delayed.

Also there will be some applicants with their current leave ending / almost exhausted.

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:26 am

So People from India who holds a Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree need not worry rgt?

Can any one tell me whether UK NARIC do comparison for Masters Degree done in India?

Regards,
Sajin

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:59 am

the newly introduced requirement is currently only for the applicants holding PGd or PGc issued by the UK listed or awarding bodies but any applicants holding overseas qualifications still need to either have assessment letter from UK NARIC or their qualifications be on points based calculator.

you never know what new requirement the UKBA people introduce for you.

push

Post by push » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:36 pm

sajinsanand wrote:So People from India who holds a Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree need not worry rgt?
Currently, yes
sajinsanand wrote:Can any one tell me whether UK NARIC do comparison for Masters Degree done in India?

Regards,
Sajin
Yes it does - comparison to UK Bachelors/Masters
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:18 pm

UKBA realised this loophole bit late..remember PSW visa factories/colleges selling PGD/C's 2yrs back??

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:23 pm

What will happen already those got t1 on these diploma and certificate in their Extn.?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:25 pm

IMO they cannot now question the academic value of those PGds or Certificates on which they have already issued PSWs or Tier 1 visas. The reason is that they have stated in their own published guidance(s) that if the qualification is on the points based calculator then there is no need to attach the letter from UK NARIC.

I really don't understand the introduction of this new requirement at this stage. IMO its not the authenticity of "so called" visa factories diplomas, its just something else because UK NARIC's primary role is to weight the academic value of the educational degrees or certificates, they are not into this verification/ authentication of degrees/certificates. So if someone has something contrary to what i think, they are welcome. :)

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Link is broken.. could you copy/paste working link?

Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:07 pm

It (announcement) seems to have been removed from the website.

regards

amjidsultan86
Newly Registered

Post by amjidsultan86 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:11 pm

removed from website

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:21 pm

thanks alot..
may be they changed their minds 8)

markjoshi

very urgent -NARIC requirement

Post by markjoshi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:37 am

Hi,
I am a immigration lawyer. I was shocked to see the annoncment. I called NARIC yesterday and they said if degree (example masters) is done in UK they will not issue a letter.
I called UKBA then they told me that NARIC will issue a letter about English.

UKBA said on phone that master degree need a letter from NARIC, although; it only says PG certificate and Diploma.

I wake up today to find that link is broken. I dont think UKBA changes there mind. We need to keep looking for further annoncement.

thanks for this discussion, if i find something, ill post on this forum.
If any of you find anything new about this debacle that ukba came up with, post it here.

dev106
BANNED

Post by dev106 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:04 am

-> Does even a person who got masters degree from a reputed university in UK, still need to produce a letter from NARIC???
-> If yes, then can anyone explain the process of getting that letter from NARIC?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:34 am

I agree with markjoshi, i also think that there will be something posted on UKBA website shortly. They just simply can't post something on their official website & then just remove it or UNLESS they are thinking of coming up with something more illogical.

dev106
BANNED

Post by dev106 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:41 am

folkes,
I just called UK NARIC- they clearly confirmed that its only for people holding PG- diploma/certificate needs to submit a letter to UKBA from NARIC

people holding masters degree from UK need not worry as they dont need to submit any letter from NARIC.

if you still got any queries, call to UK NARIC-08713307033

markjoshi

Something ill logical

Post by markjoshi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:56 am

Hi,
All above users thanks for reply. confusion was created as NAric and UKBA are telling different things. NARIC is clear they dont issue letter required by UKBA.
Unfortunate as it may sound above user is right, UKBA dont just delete news, hope they dont come up soon with ill logical requirement.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:29 am

Even the UKBA policy guidance makes it clear that UK NARIC only compares the degrees for the purpose of claiming points in the Qualififcation section. The UK NARIC cannot provide a letter of comparability for you to claim points under English Language requirement.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:39 am

seems like the policy makers are worried about the redundancy that they are going to face after the spending review & cuts by the government.. :D thats why they don't know what they are doing. IMO :)

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:22 pm

As for as I know UK Naric only evaluates/compares overseas qualifications with british qualifications...

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:16 pm

and thats exactly my question was in the original post. i can't see anything but a money making gimmick!! IMO