ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can both my husband and I apply the same time?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ruthie

Can both my husband and I apply the same time?

Post by ruthie » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:26 am

My husband and I both reach the 65 points for HSMP application. Can we apply at the same time with the Partener(10) score claimed? :shock:

takearun
Newly Registered

Post by takearun » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:16 am

Why not. I assume theres quite a bit of luck involved in certain categories for the case worker to be convinced. I would in fact advice spouses to apply individually to double their chances to get a HSMP. I am not aware of a rule that stops. Logically it doesnt make sense to stop too. Even if both get it, there's always this adavantage that you are a HSMP candidate and not a HSMP dependant. I am sure employers who know of these schemes regard this high.

arun

John

Post by John » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:20 am

Yes, no reason why not, but the logic is? Is it if one of you gets turned down then at least there is a second chance?

Might it be easier, and cheaper, if one of you makes an application first and if that should be declined then the other can try.

Another reason both of you might want to apply at the same time is that there is a distinct chance of the marriage breaking down and neither of you wants to be the one with the dependant's visa? :(
John

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:28 am

Hey, thx all. Double chance to get HSMP is one of the reasons. Another is if we both get HSMP, we don't need to care which one of us can get a job within the first visa period. The chance is bigger for us to get an extension that another one could always have a possible choice to switch to a dependent. Is that such a case? Has anybody tried? :roll:

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:49 am

yeah i tried this and it worked.

we both got the HSmp approval albeit only one person applied for EC.... and it was refused. Now i have reapplied for hsmp approval and got it again, will later apply for EC
My bow has been renewed