ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can My Children apply under Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lucky888
Newly Registered

Can My Children apply under Registration

Post by lucky888 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi all,
Need the experts to clarify and clear my confusion.
All 4 of us received our ILR last week.
Children - 14 years born in UK and 12 years old born in Malaysia,
My wife and myself will have to wait for BC next year through naturalisation.
For the moment, i would like the children to apply as BC by registration using form MN1?,is it right. Can my children apply for BC first before us?
Thanking all of you in advance.

geriatrix

Re: Can My Children apply under Registration

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:42 pm

lucky888 wrote:14 years born in UK
Yes. The child is entitled to be registered as British citizen under section 1(3). Apply using form MN1. Upon registration, apply for child's British passport.
lucky888 wrote:and 12 years old born in Malaysia
An application for registration may be submitted at the time of either parent's naturalisation. Registration subject to discretion (3(1)). If, at that time, the child will be 13 (or above), then the registration will also be subject to the child having lived in the UK for 2 years.

Not sure if you wish to apply for registration of UK-born-child immediately or can delay it (until the born-abroad child becomes eligible to apply) but if the forms MN1 for the children are submitted at the same time then there is a saving in application fees.

regards