ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about British Citisenship qualifying period.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

svyatko
Newly Registered

Confused about British Citisenship qualifying period.

Post by svyatko » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:33 pm

HI Guys,

i am getting very confused about the 12 month waiting time after getting my Permanent residednce.

My 5 years of being married to EEA national have finished on the 21st of June 2009. I was told i was being automatically granted Permanent Residence right after my 5 yeas have passed considering my wife was exercising her treaty rights , which she was.
I have sent my passport to get the PR confirmation in right after the 21st of June, but only got my passport back in February 2010.

Question is, do my 12 month after receiving PR start from June 2009, or from the date stated in the Passport stamp???

I have called HO, and they said i can start applying, but few friends are telling otherwise.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Svyatko

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:54 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

svyatko
Newly Registered

Post by svyatko » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Thanks Vinni

Gone through the posts you have mentioned, and the situation is quite clear now.

My only worry now is though, whether my Life in the UK test results will still be relevant if i wait till February 2011. I know new census is due 2011, and of course new exams. Any ideas what is the exam results valid for??

Svy

yusfaith

Re: Confused about British Citisenship qualifying period.

Post by yusfaith » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:19 pm

You can apply straight away. You acquired your PR automatically at the 5th anniversary of your mariage. It applies to me, I just got my PR on my passport in September 3rd, 2010 and applied for my BC on the 7th of Septmeber 2010 and it was granted on the 6th of october 2010. I acquired my PR automatically at 5th anniversary of my marriage in feb. 2009 but only applied for it in 2010.

If you go through some of these NCS, not all knows about the EEA regulation 2006 about acquire PR automatically. The NCS i used did not want to send my application saying that I have to wait for another 1 year but I insisted that she should send it like that and she sent it. Though she went inside claiming she went to speak to the case worker in the HO directly and she was told I have to wait for that 1 year but i still insisted that I dont care about losing the fee

svyatko
Newly Registered

Post by svyatko » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:02 pm

yusfaith wrote:You can apply straight away. You acquired your PR automatically at the 5th anniversary of your mariage. It applies to me, I just got my PR on my passport in September 3rd, 2010 and applied for my BC on the 7th of Septmeber 2010 and it was granted on the 6th of october 2010. I acquired my PR automatically at 5th anniversary of my marriage in feb. 2009 but only applied for it in 2010.

If you go through some of these NCS, not all knows about the EEA regulation 2006 about acquire PR automatically. The NCS i used did not want to send my application saying that I have to wait for another 1 year but I insisted that she should send it like that and she sent it. Though she went inside claiming she went to speak to the case worker in the HO directly and she was told I have to wait for that 1 year but i still insisted that I dont care about losing the fee
yusfaith, did you submit all the P60s of yours and your spouse for the past 6 years then?? Looking at the BC application requirements, i dont see anywhere stating these additional documents are required.

Please confirm.

thanks

Svy

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:17 pm

I only sent my TAX/NI contribution statement from 2005 to 2010 whick I requested from HM Revenue with a covering note quoting the EEA REGULATION 2006.