ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:33 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
manutd666 wrote:Issued on 27 November 2008
Expires on 27 November 2010
Aaahhhh! :(

regards

Can you please explain what you had in mind :lol:, my dates are corrects aren’t they?

Regards
Last edited by manutd666 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:37 pm

lesley15 wrote:Hi, i understand what you are saying as we too are in the same situation.My husband came to the uk on the 7th December 2008 which means the earliest we can apply for his ILR is 9th November 2010.We have booked our appointment for 11th November 2010 which is just within the 28 day peroid,now according to the application having to be done on-line and has to be sent at least 2 days before this will mean we are sending our application and payment before the 28 day rule ie 7th or 8th November,will this still be ok even though we are actually going on the 11th.
:D
Glad to see someone who understood what I meant. My appointment is on 01 November 2010 (they are supposed to raise the fees from the 01 November), I want to use this online application method, which means I should fill in the form on 30 October or 28th I am still not sure if it’s 2 working days before the appointment or 2 days.

Regards.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm

One cannot apply no earlier than 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of entry / stay in the UK as spouse. In your case, since spouse visa was granted in-country, the issue date starts the ILR count.

I was hoping for different issue and expiry date (i.e.- not an exact 2 years visa), which in turn might have brought forward the settlement eligibility date! Unforunately, no such luck!!

regards

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:44 pm

It is at least 2 working days before the appointment
Service SET (M)
About this service
Application for permanent residence in the United Kingdom as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner of a permanent resident.
Cost
Fee if you are applying by post:
Main applicant £840.
Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying at the same time as the main applicant) £129 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form.
Fee if you are applying in person:
Main applicant £1,095.
Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying at the same time as the main applicant) £154 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form.
Before you pay:
check that the limit on your card is sufficient to cover the fee;
and
tell your bank that you are about to make a large payment (this will ensure that they do not mistake this untypical transaction for online fraud.)
If you want to book an appointment at a UKBA Public Enquiry Office (PEO) you must do this before you pay online. Please ensure there is a minimum of 2 working days between the date of payment and your booked PEO appointment. If you visit any PEO within 2 working days of paying we will cancel your appointment.
It says a minimum of 2 working days, which means it is possible to use this online method up to 2 working days before the appointment. :roll:

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Making a payment in advance cannot be an excuse for paying current fees for applications to be presented at PEO on a day when higher fees apply (day of appointment).

Online payment and using interactive form is not the only option available. One can still use a paper form and pay the fees at the PEO on the day of the appointment.

regards

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:47 pm

sushdmehta wrote:One cannot apply no earlier than 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of entry / stay in the UK as spouse. In your case, since spouse visa was granted in-country, the issue date starts the ILR count.

I was hoping for different issue and expiry date (i.e.- not an exact 2 years visa), which in turn might have brought forward the settlement eligibility date! Unforunately, no such luck!!

regards

Hi Sushmetha,

I know what you mean, I was hoping and trying to get it done at the end of October, but found out the earliest date would be Monday 01 November 2010. :wink:

Regards

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:01 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Making a payment in advance cannot be an excuse for paying current fees for applications to be presented at PEO on a day when higher fees apply (day of appointment).

Online payment and using interactive form is not the only option available. One can still use a paper form and pay the fees at the PEO on the day of the appointment.

regards

I agree, however they should have mentioned it, i.e.: only use the online method if you’re applying after or before X date, or if your appointment is before or after X date. In fact they are encouraging us to use the online method, I like to double check things and try to know as possible, this is my nature, that’s the only raison why I haven’t used the online method yet, as there is nothing I can find on the UKBA website where it says only certain people are eligible for the online application
As for the fees, unless I am wrong they still have not confirmed the exact date when they will be changing them :arrow:
I aim for these fees to come into effect in November, subject to Parliamentary timetabling.
Regards

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:18 pm

Muz,

Did you go for your appointment i hope you have got your ILR please shed some light over your experienc?

Muz
Newly Registered

SET(M) Form

Post by Muz » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi Ferrarilondon,

Yes I did get the ILR. I have given a detailed experience in this thread, Please check page 1.

Cheers
Muz

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:03 pm

muz, your query regarding naturalisation has been moved to the appropriate forum.

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Has anyone used the online service yet? By that I mean went through all the stages and printed the form?
I want to find out after the payment stage, whether you have to print off the application form directly or you do have the option to download the official application form and save it, then print it whenever.

Regards.

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:57 pm

I've just asked this same question in my own topic. :D

Anybody out there who can help with this? There is very little guidance on the UKBA website about this process... :x

Lindsay :wink:

ezone
Newly Registered

Post by ezone » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:40 pm

lkpone wrote:I've just asked this same question in my own topic. :D

Anybody out there who can help with this? There is very little guidance on the UKBA website about this process... :x

Lindsay :wink:
Anyone went through whole procedure,pls share your valued experience. :lol:

gazza1990
Newly Registered

Post by gazza1990 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:31 pm

manutd666 wrote:It is at least 2 working days before the appointment
Service SET (M)
About this service
Application for permanent residence in the United Kingdom as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-gender partner of a permanent resident.
Cost
Fee if you are applying by post:
Main applicant £840.
Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying at the same time as the main applicant) £129 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form.
Fee if you are applying in person:
Main applicant £1,095.
Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying at the same time as the main applicant) £154 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form.
Before you pay:
check that the limit on your card is sufficient to cover the fee;
and
tell your bank that you are about to make a large payment (this will ensure that they do not mistake this untypical transaction for online fraud.)
If you want to book an appointment at a UKBA Public Enquiry Office (PEO) you must do this before you pay online. Please ensure there is a minimum of 2 working days between the date of payment and your booked PEO appointment. If you visit any PEO within 2 working days of paying we will cancel your appointment.
It says a minimum of 2 working days, which means it is possible to use this online method up to 2 working days before the appointment. :roll:
My wife has her appointment booked in for November 8th. I too would like to think that by doing it on-line before October ends would enable us to beat the price increase.

We will probably wait until November and just pay the extra in order to avoid problems on the day. Although I can certainly see problems for those who go on the 1st or 2nd of November and have paid on-line.

If there are definite price rises, should there not be an updated guide and paper form by now? The latest available form is dated 07/2010 and contains cost information.

If the prices were to change on say, 01/11/2010, they should really make the effort to have an updated form on the site by 26/10/2010 (I have checked today, there isn't one)

claudiafan

Post by claudiafan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:24 pm

gazza1990 wrote:If the prices were to change on say, 01/11/2010, they should really make the effort to have an updated form on the site by 26/10/2010 (I have checked today, there isn't one)
Who is so sure that the fees will be up on 1st Nov? Lets wait and see cos i really doubt its happening so soon.

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Just for an update.
I decided to go ahead and use the online application form .I made the payment today, it’s pretty straightforward really, after the form is filled in and all the sections are checked you will be directed to the UKBA website to upload the form ( don’t forget to save it before you do so, to make sure you’re uploading the right form), then you go through the payment screen and finally you can download the final official version of the form ( so it will be saved on your PC, in case you don’t have a printer connected and want to print the form elsewhere).
My wife’s appointment is this Monday 01 November 2010, I just followed the instruction ( 2 working days before the appointment : Thursday + Friday). Now if they decide to put the price up then I believe the worst case scenario will be to pay the difference.
I will keep you updated obviously

Regards .

ezone
Newly Registered

Post by ezone » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:41 pm

manutd666 wrote:Just for an update.
I decided to go ahead and use the online application form .I made the payment today, it’s pretty straightforward really, after the form is filled in and all the sections are checked you will be directed to the UKBA website to upload the form ( don’t forget to save it before you do so, to make sure you’re uploading the right form), then you go through the payment screen and finally you can download the final official version of the form ( so it will be saved on your PC, in case you don’t have a printer connected and want to print the form elsewhere).
My wife’s appointment is this Monday 01 November 2010, I just followed the instruction ( 2 working days before the appointment : Thursday + Friday). Now if they decide to put the price up then I believe the worst case scenario will be to pay the difference.
I will keep you updated obviously

Regards .
Thanks for your sharing.All the best.