ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

justoone
Newly Registered

Post by justoone » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:10 pm

mumtos wrote:any naturalisation application whose decision took more than 30 days / 6 weeks ????
from date of submission till date they recieve the letter?

plz repy!
I had applied for my wife and son on 23rd of August 2010 but still not get any approvel. whenever I call they said still under process. Just we can pray

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:49 pm

chakde23 wrote:@Generalisimus : any suggestion how / what to ask when we enquire the status on 0151 672 5626 ? Tried calling now and it appears they would not let us know status unless its more than 6 months . Any tips on how to speak to find out if the application has been forwarded to a case worker or any decision has been made ? I had submitted thru Newham , Check & Send on 29th Sept - reached HO on 30th Sept.
Ask for the post office tracking code for the approval letter, as you would like to know how long it's been progressing through the post office system in case it's been delayed or lost. You can also mention that it is important because you would have only 14 days from the date of the letter to call the relevant local authority to arrange the date for the ceremony (which then needs to take place within three months from the date of the letter, but that is less critical than the 14-day deadline to call the local authority).

1963British

British Passport

Post by 1963British » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:06 pm

How do they mail out approved UK Passports?

First class mail and slide through the letter box?

Some type of courier?

What about return of original documents if you paid extra for secure delivery?

Do you need to sign for any of the above?

1963British

Postal v. NCS

Post by 1963British » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Generalisimus wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS Camden
CRITERIA - 5 Years (WP/HSMP/Tier 1 + ILR)
Date of submission: 27 Sep 2010
Date reached HO: 28 Sep 2010
Date of Credit Card deduction: 1 Oct 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 13 Oct 2010 (dated 1 Oct 2010)
Date allocated to a case worker: 14 Oct 2010
Date approval granted: 14 Oct 2010
Approval & Citizenship Invitation letter (one letter covering both):
- Dated 15 Oct 2010
- Sent on 18 Oct 2010
- Received on 21 Oct 2010
Date of Ceremony (public): 27 Oct 2010
Here is an almost identical submission separated by one day and postal versus NCS. Both submitted by so called "Members of standing" so the applications were submitted with a similar knowledge base.

NCS or Postal: Postal w/solicitor certified documents
CRITERIA - 3 Year Spousal
Date reached HO: 27 Sep 2010 by special delivery
Date of Credit Card deduction: 30 Sep 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 6 Oct 2010 (dtd 29 Sep 2010)
Date approval granted: 12 Oct 2010
Approval/Document Return Letter: 13 Oct 2010 (dtd 12 Oct 2010)
**Enclosed special delivery envelope
Citizenship Invitation letter:
- Dated 12 Oct 2010
- Received on 22 Oct 2010
Date of Ceremony (private): 21 Oct 2010 Yes, the invitation came a day after!!

Another observation is that if you submit NCS with no documents to be returned it looks like you get solely the combination Approval/Invitation Letter.

If documents need to be returned you get the here are your documents letter and you were successful, now wait for the combination invitation and approval letter.

Conclusion? NCS, under identical conditions, is at the same speed as postal.

johnvfc
Newly Registered

Post by johnvfc » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Method: NCS (Nationality Checking Service)
Nationality: EU
Criteria: 6 Years (5 years residence + 1 year held the PR status) I did not apply for ILR. It was "Automatic".

Date of submission..........................: 13 September 2010
Date reached Home Office................: 14 September 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction............: 16 September 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 22 September 2010 (Dated 16 September 2010, 2nd Class)
Date UKBA made decision................: 27 September 2010
Date of receipt of approval...............: 1 October 2010 (Dated 27 September 2010)
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation: 1 October 2010 (Dated 27 September 2010)
Date of ceremony..............................: 6 October 2010 (Private Ceremony)

Date of Passport application................: 6 October 2010 (Post Office Check and Send)
Date of receipt of supporting documents: 16 October 2010 (Secure Delivery)
Date of Interview letter receipt............: 16 October 2010
Date of Passport interview...................: 19 October 2010
Date of receipt of passport..................: 21 October 2010

I now feel very happy and very proud of being a British Citizen :)

Finally, I would like to thank the forum members for the help you provide and I wish good luck to all of you waiting.

P.S. I would like to make a comment on the passport application. I am not sure but I think is better to send the passport application using next day delivery (post only) rather than the post office check and send method. This is because post office does not dispatch the application immediately if you apply via check and send. I called the IPS, 10 days after I sent the application from the post office and they told me they had received it after the 13th of October. It took at least 5 working days for my application to reach IPS.

Generalisimus

Re: British Passport

Post by Generalisimus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:58 pm

1963British wrote:How do they mail out approved UK Passports?

First class mail and slide through the letter box?

Some type of courier?

What about return of original documents if you paid extra for secure delivery?

Do you need to sign for any of the above?
Secure delivery is made by a courier and the addressee needs to take the delivery in person.

A newly issued UK passport is always sent via secure delivery, i.e. it's not optional.

As for the supporting docs, you do have an option of a secure delivery (£3 surcharge on top of the £77.50 fee) and if you don't select that option, you get the supporting docs back via whatever they use by default (I suppose regular 2nd class post).

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:31 pm

many thanks, one last bit - what options do you select : is it the one which says applied before 6 months ( although its not the case ) ? Or are we also able to speak to someone with the first option ?
Generalisimus wrote:
chakde23 wrote:@Generalisimus : any suggestion how / what to ask when we enquire the status on 0151 672 5626 ? Tried calling now and it appears they would not let us know status unless its more than 6 months . Any tips on how to speak to find out if the application has been forwarded to a case worker or any decision has been made ? I had submitted thru Newham , Check & Send on 29th Sept - reached HO on 30th Sept.
Ask for the post office tracking code for the approval letter, as you would like to know how long it's been progressing through the post office system in case it's been delayed or lost. You can also mention that it is important because you would have only 14 days from the date of the letter to call the relevant local authority to arrange the date for the ceremony (which then needs to take place within three months from the date of the letter, but that is less critical than the 14-day deadline to call the local authority).

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:13 pm

chakde23 wrote:many thanks, one last bit - what options do you select : is it the one which says applied before 6 months ( although its not the case ) ? Or are we also able to speak to someone with the first option ?
Generalisimus wrote:
The only way to have your call passed onto an advisor is to go for "over 6 months" option, as far as I understand. That's why you need an excuse for calling.

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Acknowledgement Letter Received: 3octorber 2010 (dated 30 sep O 2010)
still waiting for the Approval letter.TODAY'S DATE IS 26. OCTOBER STILL WAITING. i can see most of you are getting approved within two weeks or three

My quest is HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT ANY suggestions. Thank you in advance

Newbies
Newly Registered

Post by Newbies » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:27 pm

ICEBREAKER wrote:Acknowledgement Letter Received: 3octorber 2010 (dated 30 sep O 2010)
still waiting for the Approval letter.TODAY'S DATE IS 26. OCTOBER STILL WAITING. i can see most of you are getting approved within two weeks or three

I can see how you are feeling. If your application is straight forward you will be receiving the good news pretty soon. Also if you have a clean record, do not worry it will be ok except if there are some thing special in your case. Good luck

angel786

Timeline

Post by angel786 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Ncs or Postal: Postal
Date of submission: 29 Sep 10
Date reached HO: 30 Sep 10
Date of Debit Card deduction: 06 Oct 10
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 11 Oct 10(dated 06 Oct 10)
Date of receipt of approval: 26 Oct 10(dated 22 Oct 10)
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: 03 Nov 10(dated 26 Oct 10)but posted 28 Oct as confirmed with ukba( second class)
Date of ceremony:05 Nov 10(Public Ceremony)
Date of Passport application:09 Nov 10Postal
Date of Interview letter receipt:not received but called ips 17 Nov, got ref to book interview for 19 Nov,could have had it 18/11 but could not make it
Date of receipt of supporting documents:-
Date of Passport interview:
Date of receipt of passport:

Passport application was received by ips on 10 Nov as per royalmail tracking but ips say they only received it on 12 Nov-- probably takes them 2 days to add it to their systems.. Rang 15 Nov told under examination, rang 17 Nov told interview letter sent but got reference over phone anyway
Last edited by angel786 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

roopscisco

Re: Postal v. NCS

Post by roopscisco » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:03 am

1963British wrote:
Generalisimus wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS Camden
CRITERIA - 5 Years (WP/HSMP/Tier 1 + ILR)
Date of submission: 27 Sep 2010
Date reached HO: 28 Sep 2010
Date of Credit Card deduction: 1 Oct 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 13 Oct 2010 (dated 1 Oct 2010)
Date allocated to a case worker: 14 Oct 2010
Date approval granted: 14 Oct 2010
Approval & Citizenship Invitation letter (one letter covering both):
- Dated 15 Oct 2010
- Sent on 18 Oct 2010
- Received on 21 Oct 2010
Date of Ceremony (public): 27 Oct 2010
Here is an almost identical submission separated by one day and postal versus NCS. Both submitted by so called "Members of standing" so the applications were submitted with a similar knowledge base.

NCS or Postal: Postal w/solicitor certified documents
CRITERIA - 3 Year Spousal
Date reached HO: 27 Sep 2010 by special delivery
Date of Credit Card deduction: 30 Sep 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 6 Oct 2010 (dtd 29 Sep 2010)
Date approval granted: 12 Oct 2010
Approval/Document Return Letter: 13 Oct 2010 (dtd 12 Oct 2010)
**Enclosed special delivery envelope
Citizenship Invitation letter:
- Dated 12 Oct 2010
- Received on 22 Oct 2010
Date of Ceremony (private): 21 Oct 2010 Yes, the invitation came a day after!!

Another observation is that if you submit NCS with no documents to be returned it looks like you get solely the combination Approval/Invitation Letter.

If documents need to be returned you get the here are your documents letter and you were successful, now wait for the combination invitation and approval letter.

Conclusion? NCS, under identical conditions, is at the same speed as
postal.
Hello, i would like to know , after reading all the threats here, where the Inviatation letter comes from ? From Local Council or From UKBA ? If its the from UKBA/HO will it be a separate / different letter from the approval document ?

Thanks
Roopscisco.

joebloggs
Newly Registered

Post by joebloggs » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:32 am

ICEBREAKER wrote:Acknowledgement Letter Received: 3octorber 2010 (dated 30 sep O 2010)

My acknowledgement letter is dated a week earlier than yours yet I have not received any correspondence since....I am very concerned like you.

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:55 pm

roopscisco wrote: Hello, i would like to know , after reading all the threats here, where the Inviatation letter comes from ? From Local Council or From UKBA ? If its the from UKBA/HO will it be a separate / different letter from the approval document ?

Thanks
In my case, there was no separate approval letter, just the "Citizenship Invitation" letter from UKBA. The letter mentioned that my application had been approved and that I needed to contact my local council to arrange the ceremony. It also contained the relevant contact details for the council. On the day of the ceremony, I brought my passport and the "Citizenship Invitation" letter and received the naturalisation certificate at the end of the ceremony.

In case of people who have received separate approval and invitation letters from UKBA, I think that they had made postal applications, as opposed to NCS. Therefore, they got their original docs returned together with a cover letter advising them that the application had been approved. Afterwards, they received the UKBA's "Citizenship Invitation" letter.

roopscisco

Post by roopscisco » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Generalisimus wrote:
roopscisco wrote: Hello, i would like to know , after reading all the threats here, where the Inviatation letter comes from ? From Local Council or From UKBA ? If its the from UKBA/HO will it be a separate / different letter from the approval document ?

Thanks
In my case, there was no separate approval letter, just the "Citizenship Invitation" letter from UKBA. The letter mentioned that my application had been approved and that I needed to contact my local council to arrange the ceremony. It also contained the relevant contact details for the council. On the day of the ceremony, I brought my passport and the "Citizenship Invitation" letter and received the naturalisation certificate at the end of the ceremony.

In case of people who have received separate approval and invitation letters from UKBA, I think that they had made postal applications, as opposed to NCS. Therefore, they got their original docs returned together with a cover letter advising them that the application had been approved. Afterwards, they received the UKBA's "Citizenship Invitation" letter.
Hello Thanks for it Im just waiting for my approval from UKBA. so will see how it goes in mycase as i have applied via NCS.

Thanks,
Roopscisco.

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:20 pm

joebloggs

I THINK ME AND YOU WERE FORGOTEN ONCE, COZ 99.9% OF THE APPLICATION SENT HAVE BEEN APPROVED WITHIN THE AVERAGE OF 3 WEEKS. WE KEEP PRAYING TO GOD, HOPE FULLY WE WILL GET RESPONCE SOON.

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:22 pm

joebloggs wrote:

joebloggs

I THINK ME AND YOU WERE FORGOTEN ONCE, COZ 99.9% OF THE APPLICATION SENT HAVE BEEN APPROVED WITHIN THE AVERAGE OF 3 WEEKS. WE KEEP PRAYING TO GOD, HOPE FULLY WE WILL GET RESPONCE SOON.

My acknowledgement letter is dated a week earlier than yours yet I have not received any correspondence since....I am very concerned like you.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:03 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS
CRITERIA - 10yrs Long residency + 1yr ILR
Date of submission: 9th September 2010
Date reached HO: 10th September 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 20 September 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 21 SeptemberDated 20 Sept.
Date UKBA made decision: 1st October 2010
Date of receipt of approval letter: 12th October 2010
Date of ceremony - 20th October 2010
Date of Passport application - 20th October 2010 (C& S)
Application received at IPS- 25th October 2010
Booking Reference for interview obtained over phone-26th October 2010
Date of receipt of supporting documents -27th October 2010
Date of Passport interview - 27th October 2010
Date of receipt of passport

1963British

Post by 1963British » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:47 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:Date of Passport application - 20th October 2010 (C& S)
Application received at IPS- 25th October 2010
Booking Reference for interview obtained over phone-26th October 2010
Date of receipt of supporting documents -27th October 2010
Date of Passport interview - 27th October 2010
Date of receipt of passport
What took so long for it to go from the Post Office to IPS?

Is your application received date determined from a special delivery tracking number?

What did you say to get the booking reference over the phone?

Did you need the interview letter to take the interview?

Were the interview questions the same as we keep seeing on this board?

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:52 am

I NEED SOMEHELP

Is alrite to call UKBA and ask the progress of my application? Is there anyone who called and was told the dicision?

many thaks

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:02 am

1964 british,

I don't know why it took that long for IPS to receive my application, probably they received early, but until they put it on the system we wouldn't know. Irang them tuesday night to know the progress, then the operator told me that they received my appl on 25th and she gve me my booking no. and I book the appt straightaway. same intv. questions asked.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:40 am

My passport interview questions:
1. Spell full name.
2. Date, place and country of birth.
3. When and where was citizenship ceremony?
4. Supporting documents submitted for passport application.
5. Have supporting docs been received back and confirmation of delivery address?
6. Mother's full name, date and place of birth
7. Father's full name, date and place of birth
8. Parents marriage date
9. Name, profession and approx age. of counter signee.
10. How long have I known the person?
11. Who lives with me?
12. Do I have any bank accounts, with which bank/s?
13. Do I have a mortgage, with which bank? Present and Previous mortagage comapany?
14. Details of previous address.
15. How long have I lived in current address
16. What phone numbers did I put on the form?
17. Do I have a mobile, is it on contract? If so, which mobile phone provider?
18. How did I send the application?
19. Did I pay extra for secure delivery for documents?
20. Do you broadband at home? which company?
21. Sign on an electronic pad.

Other than normal questions, I found that they asked me about the broadband at home,which company? Also, they asked me the name of my present mortagage provider and previous mortgage provider.

roopscisco

Post by roopscisco » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:57 am

ICEBREAKER wrote:I NEED SOMEHELP

Is alrite to call UKBA and ask the progress of my application? Is there anyone who called and was told the dicision?

many thaks
Hello there,

I have called the UKBA & questioned about the progress & i have been told that the decesion is made already, but UKBA didnt tell me what was it, & adviesd me to wait until receive it via post. Thats all.

Have applied via NCS on 28 of Sep.
Called then on 25 of Sep.
Decesion Letter received the letter on 27 of Sep (Dated on 15 of Sep.)

Regards
Roopscisco.

1963British

Passport Interview

Post by 1963British » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:56 am

If you do not or can not wait for the interview letter.......

What do you do?

Do you just call the help line and ask for your reference number so you can try and schedule an interview?

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:57 am

roopscisco wrote:
ICEBREAKER wrote:I NEED SOMEHELP

many thaks
Hello there,

I have called the UKBA & questioned about the progress & i have been told that the decesion is made already, but UKBA didnt tell me what was it, & adviesd me to wait until receive it via post. Thats all.

Have applied via NCS on 28 of Sep.

COULD YOU CORREN THE DATE. THANKS
Called then on 25 of Sep.
Decesion Letter received the letter on 27 of Sep (Dated on 15 of Sep.)

Regards