ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings in India and UK but Overlapping period for earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

panky29
Newly Registered

Earnings in India and UK but Overlapping period for earnings

Post by panky29 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Dear Experts,

Please provide your opinion on this matter. I worked in India till January 2010 and then was transferred to UK in Feb 2010. I am currently on Tier 2. I want to switch over to Tier 1. I am showing earnings from India and UK in the following way.

India
Sep 09-March 2010

UK
Feb 2010-August 2010

For Feb and March, I earned salary in both India and in UK. That was primarily because some taxable components were left over and had to be paid to me in the financial year 2010. Now, my question is:

- Can I consider the Feb and March earnings in both UK and India or only in one of the countries ? (Actually I need consider both to get enough points)
- If yes, Can i apply uplift for the salary earned in india for Feb and March?
- If yes, should I explain this scenario to case worker and do you think the explanation I gave above was clear to you ?

I would greatly appreciate your quick response on this pls..

Thanks
Panky

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Earnings in India and UK but Overlapping period for earn

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:56 pm

panky29 wrote:Dear Experts,

Please provide your opinion on this matter. I worked in India till January 2010 and then was transferred to UK in Feb 2010. I am currently on Tier 2. I want to switch over to Tier 1. I am showing earnings from India and UK in the following way.

India
Sep 09-March 2010

UK
Feb 2010-August 2010

For Feb and March, I earned salary in both India and in UK. That was primarily because some taxable components were left over and had to be paid to me in the financial year 2010. Now, my question is:

- Can I consider the Feb and March earnings in both UK and India or only in one of the countries ? (Actually I need consider both to get enough points) Yes, without uplift ratio for the months you were in UK
- If yes, Can i apply uplift for the salary earned in india for Feb and March? No
- If yes, should I explain this scenario to case worker and do you think the explanation I gave above was clear to you ?

I would greatly appreciate your quick response on this pls..

Thanks
Panky

panky29
Newly Registered

Post by panky29 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Thanks Aruni

Then, exchange rate of which day should i choose for calculations ? Is it Apr 1, 2010?

Thanks..

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:09 pm

panky29 wrote:Thanks Aruni

Then, exchange rate of which day should i choose for calculations ? Is it Apr 1, 2010?

Thanks..
Last day of those earnings, March 31st