ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Business Owner

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ruthie

ILR for Business Owner

Post by ruthie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Hope someone with similiar experience could help here. I'm confused with the requirement of ILR for Tier1(Entrepreneur). I'm a director of a company running online retailing business. I need to go for business trip like 4-5 months every year outside UK, whilst all PAYE and business are going on as normal. Does the 180 days in 5 years restriction apply on this visa category? If 4-5 months outside UK is needed for business reasons, what document should I provide for ILR application? I assume employer's letter can't really work cos I am the employer of myself...

Thanks.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:49 pm

Are you:
1. a HSMP migrant working as self-employed (business owner), or
2. a Tier 1 (General) migrant working as self-employed (business owner), or
3. a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant?

See also Chapter 6A - Settlement

regards

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Tks. I'm on Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) currently.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Please note that, under current rules, as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant, you can (only) use the time spent in the UK as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) or a Businessperson or an Innovator towards (5 years) qualifying residential period for settlement (245N).

With regards to absences from the UK, the same rules, as Tier 1 (General), apply.

regards

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Yes I am running a business but I also need to go outside UK for business trips regularly. My question is more about what document is needed to prove these are business trips. If employed, I think the employer's letter will work. But in my case, will the employer's letter issued by my own company work?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:11 pm

IMHO, a letter by the business owner to certify his/her own absence(s) from UK as work related may not be acceptable to UKBA. Because this would give business owners in UK under PBS an excuse to certify any sort of absence(s) from UK as business / work related.

regards