ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Visa Stamp! Tier 1 instead of Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fam
Newly Registered

Wrong Visa Stamp! Tier 1 instead of Tier 2

Post by fam » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied for Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) but got a Tier 1 (General) Migrant visa, i am working with same company and never bothered to see visa type (which i should have done), now its almost one year and i am already in UK. Now i am wondering what options do i have?
Did any one experience it before? Is correction possible now after a year? Or should i keep this visa and apply for extension (i don't think its possible).

Any suggestion, share of experience will be much appreciated.

Thanks

rohitys
Mood:

Post by rohitys » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:53 am

with my very limited knowledge i think its a blessing in disguise and u just just apply for an extension when the time is right

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:26 am

with my very limited knowledge i think its a blessing in disguise and u just just apply for an extension when the time is right
:lol: rohit, do not kill the guy.

@fam, even though initial app was a mistake from BHC.. and over-sighting from you .. BUT applying for extension will surely be suicide.

1) Extension guidance says that you don't need to submit qualification documents if it is same as of initial application for claiming points.. but you never processed your T1... it was T2 ICT
2).. 3).. many more points..

I did read somewhere in just last 1 or 2 weeks in this very forum about same situation where 'person was in UK' but couldn't find the exact one at this point.

Try this one and links in diff replies here, see if it helps you.
You need to send a correction request to UKBA while in U.K.

Uk Tier 1 Mistake in Visa Valid Date

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:48 am

rohitys wrote:with my very limited knowledge i think its a blessing in disguise and u just just apply for an extension when the time is right
It will only cause further complications!!!!!

fam
Newly Registered

Post by fam » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:44 am

Yes, that is what i have gathered from different ploicies e.t.c that i'll have to send the reques for correction, i just want to be sure that will they correct it or will they ask me that why didn't i notie it earlier and now its too late to correct it (its been 1 year 2-3 months).

I guess some one who already had this situation could help me out in deciding the next steps.

anyways thanks guys for your help.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:57 pm

fam
Newly Registered

Post by fam » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks its quite clearly described what i need to do.Could the fact that i have over looked the error for 1 year and 3 months be a problem for me? where i have no other excuse except that i just didn't realize.

any one with a similar experience? what questions i should expect? I just want to apply for correction with preparation as i can't afford to lose my visa.

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:37 am

I have also same experience...but I am worried now..

I did apply for BUSINESS VISITOR visa to take up a clinical attachment post in a hospital. According to a new rules busuness visitot visa allows taking up clinical attachment.

During making application I filled up application of Business Visitor but BHC issued a VISITOR visa.It has taken 2 months to get the visa after making the application and ruined one and half month of my six months clinical attachment.

I overlooked the matter and left the country as I was thinking this will not be a problem as the visas are almost same and this is not my fault and if I did apply again I could have lost my clinical attachment due to lengthy processing time.

So how this issue can affect my future application .and
did I breach immigration law?....if any body can suggest me

regards

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:06 pm

I think business visitor is just a type of visitor visa.

In answer to the original poster's concerns about the fact over a year has gone by - that is not your problem. You are not expected to be an immigration expert. If the issuing officer and the entry officer did not spot the mistake then how are you supposed to spot it? Just follow the guidelines and stop worrying about it.