ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent to Tier-1 Applicant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ladyx
Newly Registered

Dependent to Tier-1 Applicant

Post by ladyx » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:00 am

Hi,

I have a feqw queries and any feedback would really help.

I currently hold a Tier1 dependent visa and due to reasons i would like to apply as a Tier 1 applicant before my dependent visa expries in 2012.

As for my background i am currently living and working in the UK for over 12 months. To further state this income would not meet the income for Tier 1.

Back in india, i am am director with a major stake in a Pvt Ltd company and it is doing well and my income from it is over 20,000,00 lacs per annum.

Queries are:

1) Can i go back to india and apply based on the income i receive as a director in india while i have stayed for more than 12 months in UK.
2) Or can i apply in UK using my income in UK and as well as the income in india.
3) Does my situation reuqires that i approach a solicitor.

Request your valuable feedback.

Thanks

push

Re: Dependent to Tier-1 Applicant

Post by push » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:26 am

ladyx wrote:Hi,

I have a feqw queries and any feedback would really help.

I currently hold a Tier1 dependent visa and due to reasons i would like to apply as a Tier 1 applicant before my dependent visa expries in 2012.

As for my background i am currently living and working in the UK for over 12 months. To further state this income would not meet the income for Tier 1.

Back in india, i am am director with a major stake in a Pvt Ltd company and it is doing well and my income from it is over 20,000,00 lacs per annum.

Queries are:

1) Can i go back to india and apply based on the income i receive as a director in india while i have stayed for more than 12 months in UK.
2) Or can i apply in UK using my income in UK and as well as the income in india.
3) Does my situation reuqires that i approach a solicitor.

Request your valuable feedback.

Thanks
(1) Yes; (2) No; and (3) not really
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:36 am

Is it 20 lacs or 20,000,00 lacs, if it is later I wouldnt bother with a tier 1??? :lol:

ladyx
Newly Registered

Post by ladyx » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:13 am

Thanks for your feedback. Well, it was a typo. It is 20 lacs.

ladyx
Newly Registered

Post by ladyx » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:15 am

Request to please let me know on these queries. Before i put my queries i would like you to know that i have been residing in the UK for the past 12 months.

1) I presume i cannot use the Multiplying factor to the income i receive in India.

2) Can i club both the income i receive in Uk and in India to be eligible to apply for Tier 1.

3) What documents should i submit to show the income i recieve as a director.

Hope senior boarders could help me on the above queries.

Thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:35 am

You cannot switch from being a dependent to being a Tier 1 in your own right. You will need to do a fresh application:

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingin ... switching/

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:07 am

ladyx wrote:1) I presume i cannot use the Multiplying factor to the income i receive in India.
For the period you were physically in the UK, you cannot.
ladyx wrote:2) Can i club both the income i receive in Uk and in India to be eligible to apply for Tier 1.
Yes.
ladyx wrote:3) What documents should i submit to show the income i recieve as a director.
Read the policy guidance carefully.

regards

ladyx
Newly Registered

Post by ladyx » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:24 am

Thanks for the response.