ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does anybody received visa in October month???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nalan_T
Newly Registered

Does anybody received visa in October month???

Post by Nalan_T » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:05 pm

I have submitted my application at Pune office on 8th October 2010, still my status is showing as under process at BHC..

Guys anybody applied in October and got the visa?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Does anybody received visa in October month???

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:38 pm

Nalan_T wrote:I have submitted my application at Pune office on 8th October 2010, still my status is showing as under process at BHC..

Guys anybody applied in October and got the visa?
The limit for tier 1 visas has been reached for the month of October. So, there might be a delay.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tier1-oct

cbe23_0071
Newly Registered

Post by cbe23_0071 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:18 pm

I submitted on 15th of Oct. yet to receive my passport. same status as yours... Will they evaluate at least and just keep the visa stamping on hold or the evaluation itself starts only after 1st nov?? :?: Seniors, can you please post here...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:44 pm

From the above article, one can understand that the applications would be processed and if successful, the visa will only be issued after Nov 1st.

"If you are applying under Tier 1 (General) from abroad, you can still submit an application for Tier 1 (General) during this closure period. But if your application is successful, we will not issue a visa to you until the limit re-opens."

Nalan_T
Newly Registered

Post by Nalan_T » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Thanks for your reply...

But "Limit has been reached for October", this statement has been updated on 22nd October 2010 at their site.
I feel like it will be applicable for only whoever applied on or after 22nd October 2010..

Am I incorrect?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Nalan_T wrote:Am I incorrect?
Yes.

It means that 600 visas meant to be issued in October (600 is global monthly limit for Tier 1) have been issued. In other words, limit exhausted!

If your application wasn't decided upon until the moment this limit was reached, it remains in the queue and, if approved, a visa will be issued to you next month onwards.
Monthly immigration limit for Tier 1 (General) applications wrote:The limit does not affect the way that you should make your application. You can still submit your application, even if the limit for the current month has been reached.

However, your application may take longer than normal if the limit is reached in the month when you make your application:
- If your application meets all the requirements and the limit has not been reached for the month when you applied, we will issue you a visa in the usual way.
- If your application meets all the requirements but the limit for that month would be exceeded if we issued you a visa, we will defer your application to the next month when the limit allocation reopens.
- If your application does not meet the requirements, we will process it as normal even if the limit has been exceeded.

regards