ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PGD's & PGC's removed from database.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

PGD's & PGC's removed from database.

Post by bruteforce » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:14 pm

Seems like the UKBA has again removed post graduate diplomas & certificates from the points based calculator for awarding points towards T1 general. This time it even includes some diplomas from well known universities.

Is this something related to ongoing discussion about T1 general future or is this something else? Or is it related to the previous news break about UK NARIC's letter of equivalency? :idea:

Source: I personally checked some diplomas which were on PBC before. Everyone is welcome to verify.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:21 pm

Removal of PGC and PGD gained from UK universities from PBS calculator (if such is indeed the case) essentially means that applicants with such qualifications are no longer eligible for Tier 1 (General) since NARIC cannot issue letter of comparability for UK qualifications.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:41 pm

since NARIC cannot issue letter of comparability for UK qualifications.
but they are still charging about £47 for the letter of comparability. (PGD & PGC)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:25 pm

How can we help you? wrote:The UK NARIC Statement of Comparability is an officially recognised document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in the UK, irrespective of it being an academic, vocational or professional award. It is used by universities, colleges, employers and Government departments and agencies forming part of their decision-making processes. A Statement of Comparability can be used to help support applications made under Tiers 1 and 2 the Points Based System for immigration to the UK.
If someone applies for letter of comparability for a UK qualification and pays the fees, I believe NARIC informs the applicant that the request / order for the service cannot be processed and refunds the money.

regards

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:07 pm

Bad news and real shocker for all those PSW holders who were planning to apply for Tier 1 General on the basis of PG diplomas from all those ordinary colleges which are removed.

BITE, LCMIT, Cavendish, Oxford business college, London International College.....................game over boys!

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:30 pm

BITE, LCMIT, Cavendish, Oxford business college, London International College.....................game over boys!
u need to correct your facts here, these are not only the "ordinary colleges" there are also some very reputable universities whose diplomas & certificates have been removed from the database.

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:20 pm

were diploma degree holders able to apply for tier 1 earleir, i have seen in the database, the calculator was just awarding the points for masters or the bachelors degree but not the diploma degree, so what points been awarded for PGD earlier????

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:17 pm

add_mah wrote:were diploma degree holders able to apply for tier 1 earleir, i have seen in the database, the calculator was just awarding the points for masters or the bachelors degree but not the diploma degree, so what points been awarded for PGD earlier????
30 points for PGCs and PGDs (PGCs and PGDs of mainly british institutes)
Last edited by rizwan567 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:20 pm

bruteforce wrote:
u need to correct your facts here, these are not only the "ordinary colleges" there are also some very reputable universities whose diplomas & certificates have been removed from the database.
Everybody knows the truth about these colleges/factories.... dont take it personally my friend.

And thats the reason points are taken off from calculator for PGCs, PGDs because they were issued in abudance from these visa factories.... that is the reason policy was changed by UKBA in Feb/Mar 2009 (to close the loophole) for new PSW applications on the basis of these PGCs and PGDs and now ultimately UKBA has also closed down this loophole.

As for as I can see my friend, Points calculator is still awarding 30 points for PGDs from state universities leaving aside these ordinary colleges.....

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Everybody knows the truth about these colleges/factories.... dont take it personally my friend.
who is the "everybody" here? btw r u the judge? i guess ure not.
And thats the reason points are taken off from calculator for PGCs, PGDs because they were issued in abudance from these visa factories....
wats the source of this valuable information?
dont take it personally my friend.

btw its not me who is taking this personally, its ur ownself. u have a preconceived judgement towards the above mentioned college(s) and i can feel the sense of arrogance in ur comments wen u say "game over boys". in other words u r accusing others of something that u have no right to do so. no moral authority at all.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Same old discussion. Same old topic. Same old echos of everybody claiming to be genuine student. Same old outcome about these visa factories. Search this forum with key words BITE, LCMIT, BIC (not to mention CCL) and you will get your facts clear. If you can not search then see at least these 3

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... light=bite

I am not the judge, judge is UKBA which has given its judgments on these PGCs and PGDs not once but twice;

- First in Feb/Mar 2009 when they stopped new PSW visas on the basis of PGCs and PGDs
- Second now when they remove from their points calculator.

I can feel your frustration, my sympthies are with you! I would have felt in similar way if I were to apply and my qualification removed from the calculator.

I am calling it a day on this post. Good luck.

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi All,

Does anyone knows when exactly were PGDs and PGCs suspended?

Also, a degree equal to an ordinary bachelors degree in UK good enough for Tier 1?

thnxxx

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:15 pm

dude you have posted the same question in 3 differents posts.

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:17 pm

LOL....yeah....so desperate to get the answer... thot someone mite visit atleast 1 of the topics :)

anyhow, many many thnx for that link....since it was posted on 20th october it assertains that the law was changed anytime before that....hence my consultant is a stupid a**.