ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr SET(o) succes croydon peo, with 2 p60s missing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bhuv
Newly Registered

ilr SET(o) succes croydon peo, with 2 p60s missing

Post by bhuv » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi all,

I applied in person last week for ILR. My case was WP+WP+Tier1. The application procedure was quite straightforward, and all staff were extremely polite and helpful.
At the ground floor after security checking, they first do a basic document check just to see if all the required documents are in order. On first floor you pay the fee and then on second floor a case worker calls your reference number.
Documents submitted with application:
1. passport
2. current employer letter
3. Life in UK test
4. P60s ( I only had three, so submitted the reference letter from previous employer and a couple payslips from those years.)
5. Bank statements (he just looked at it, but was not submitted)

After about 20 minutes of studying my case, he called and told about application success. The passport stamping took another hour. So altogether it took me 2 hours and fifteen minutes from start to finish. All my documents were in order as I had done some research here, so thanks to all the contributing members.

My husband is currently on work permit. Can anybody tell me how I can get him to be my dependent. Do I have to go back home to do entry clearance again. Or can this change from work permit to dependent be done from UK itself?? Please advice.

xyz123

Re: ilr SET(o) succes croydon peo, with 2 p60s missing

Post by xyz123 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:41 am

bhuv wrote:My husband is currently on work permit. Can anybody tell me how I can get him to be my dependent. Do I have to go back home to do entry clearance again. Or can this change from work permit to dependent be done from UK itself?? Please advice.
congratulations on getitng ILR. as far as i know yes he will need to leave UK and obtain entry clearance in home country. but i may be wrong, surely mods will post a reply.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi,

Congratulations.Did they ask anything regarding missing P60's? I have P60's Missing. iam on workpermit and with the same company since i got workpermit and will be applying ILR Soon.

Did the case worker ask about P60? or you just submitted them. i Can get a letter from employer that iam working for them from last 5 yrs is this sufficient? please let me know

Thanks in Advance

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:32 pm

A big Congratulations!!

I am in the similar sort of situation

I am missing two P60s... and was I have technically four weeks of unemployment... do u think that can effect my application

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:55 am

hiya congrats on getting the ilr...your husband can change his status if he still has 6 months leave remaining on his passport he can switch to spouse visa using a FLR M form it will be for 2 years visa intially and after that he can apply for ilr straight away.but for that you need to get a certificate for approval to get married to each other legally and after you get that you need to register your marriage at your local register office.he doesnt need to go back if his stay is legal rite nowl.i hope this will help you.thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:30 am

sonya24 wrote:but for that you need to get a certificate for approval to get married to each other legally and after you get that you need to register your marriage at your local register office.he doesnt need to go back if his stay is legal rite nowl.i hope this will help you.thanks
A married couple doesn't need to marry again!

regards

geriatrix

Re: ilr SET(o) succes croydon peo, with 2 p60s missing

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:35 am

bhuv wrote:My husband is currently on work permit. Can anybody tell me how I can get him to be my dependent. Do I have to go back home to do entry clearance again. Or can this change from work permit to dependent be done from UK itself?? Please advice.
As you are now a settled person (granted ILR), your husband can apply for leave to remain (from within the UK) as spouse of a settled person, using FLR(M) form. Under current rules, after spending 2 years in the UK as spouse your husband will be eligible for settlement.
See also If you are already in the UK and Applying as a husband, wife or civil partner from inside the UK.

Since when has he been working in the UK on WP? And how long have you been married / living together?

regards

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:41 pm

smaganti wrote:Hi,

Congratulations.Did they ask anything regarding missing P60's? I have P60's Missing. iam on workpermit and with the same company since i got workpermit and will be applying ILR Soon.

Did the case worker ask about P60? or you just submitted them. i Can get a letter from employer that iam working for them from last 5 yrs is this sufficient? please let me know

Thanks in Advance
contact HMRC and ask for a letter detailing taxes paid during last 5 years. This should be sufficient. Better safe than sorry. Letter takes about 7-10 days to arrive by post.

bhuv
Newly Registered

Post by bhuv » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:20 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
As you are now a settled person (granted ILR), your husband can apply for leave to remain (from within the UK) as spouse of a settled person, using FLR(M) form. Under current rules, after spending 2 years in the UK as spouse your husband will be eligible for settlement.
See also If you are already in the UK and Applying as a husband, wife or civil partner from inside the UK.

Since when has he been working in the UK on WP? And how long have you been married / living together?

regards
Hi,
Thanks for the information. My husband currently is on work permit. This permit he has held for nearly three years now. We got married 15 months back.