ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US to UK - From fiance visa to biometric residence permit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aleuk
Newly Registered

US to UK - From fiance visa to biometric residence permit

Post by aleuk » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:59 am

I could not find a place that outlines the process of obtaining a residence permit. I just recently got my residence and put together all the steps that I went through. I hope people can find this helpful.
Cheers!

My fiancée is a British citizen and I am a U.S. citizen. We wanted to get married and settle in the UK.
Mainly the 2 websites that you will be visiting a lot are:
UK Border Agency http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ and UK Border Agency, VISAS http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
Here are the steps that I took to obtain my residence permit in order to stay and work legally in the UK.

1. Apply for entry clearance, form VAF4A:
Apply for “entry clearanceâ€
Last edited by aleuk on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minty

Post by minty » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:52 am

That is probably the most usefull posting i have read in all the hundreds of postings i have read. Thanks for explaining the fiance process so clearly!!

Much appreciated

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 am

For an ordinary person, your article is more informative as its in plain English and easy to understand......however the UKBA website is a lot more detailed.....to much for a layman but ideal for more experienced people.

I might make this a sticky as it would help a lot of people.

Thankyou for writting this article