ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Tangozebra

Can i ask what makes you think that your application is under special vetting process? What is your nationality?

On this forum we have seen many people had to wait 2-3 months?
Magsi

mashroom1
Newly Registered

-

Post by mashroom1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:09 pm

I do not agree here that there is a special vetting process for any specific country. My friends from same country got approvals even in 3 weeks as well.

I do believe though that Will of God, Luck, case worker to whom you are assigned matter.... :)

ICEBREAKER

Re: ?

Post by ICEBREAKER » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Tangozebra wrote:
salars wrote:
Tangozebra wrote:
mashroom1 wrote:Looks like there is no sequence in processing whatsoever?

Anyone applied between 30/09/10 - 04/10/10 and still waiting?

@ICEBREACKER - any (breaking/melting) news?
I applied on the 17th of Sept and still nothing! I have already sent them a complaint email as I am looking to change jobs soon, but lack of passport mean I can't prove my right to work. Also, I am worried that requesting my passport back could slow things down even more. Honestly I expect more for my £735 pounds.
You should have used the NCS or Sent attested docs. The Home office says its 6 months to a decision. I hope ur passport comes back soon though.
Cheers
I know I should have, but I was hoping that it won't take this long. Anyway, I think people from certain countries are vetted quite heavily prior to the approval of their application. Below is my weird time line so far

Application submitted: 17/09/2010
Payment declined: 23/09/2010
New payment instruction processed: 05/10/2010
Application status check: 22/10/2010 (Under consideration)
Application status check: 29/10/2010 (Awaiting allocation to case worker)
Application status check: 05/11/2010 (Awaiting allocation to case worker)

In short, I am quite sure that the application is actually going through a special vetting process for certain nationalities, however, I am looking forward to receiving an approval hopefully in two weeks, otherwise, I will have to request the passport back.
samething here mate. i applied throught NCS on 26 sept 2010 and until now my application is going from under consideration to overconsideration.

got my acknowledgement letter on 30/sep/2010. i called last wendesday and my application status was "underconsideration2.

my advice is to wait and wait until you got the result. the more you call the more your application is delayed

Tangozebra
Newly Registered

Post by Tangozebra » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:40 pm

magsi23 wrote:Tangozebra

Can i ask what makes you think that your application is under special vetting process? What is your nationality?

On this forum we have seen many people had to wait 2-3 months?
I am a Nigerian citizen and I am certain that since the Nigerian idiot strapped some stuff to his underpants, they have started to thoroughly vet Nigerians. Also, I have held ILR for a while now, meaning I have not been in touch with HO for a long time. Note, I have never committed a crime in my life and I have always been employed in the UK. In essence, I am definitely sure that they vet some nationalities more than others.

@ICEBREAKER: I cannot understand how speaking to a call centre staff will delay your application. The worst you can do by calling HO, is perhaps piss off the people answering your calls. :lol:

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Well lets say for argument sake if they do extra checks etc for some nationalites, however if you done nothing wrong which i am sure you have not, there is nothing to worry about and i am sure you will get yours soon.

Regards
Magsi

joebloggs
Newly Registered

Post by joebloggs » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:41 pm

ICEBREAKER wrote:
Tangozebra wrote:
salars wrote:
Tangozebra wrote:
I applied on the 17th of Sept and still nothing! I have already sent them a complaint email as I am looking to change jobs soon, but lack of passport mean I can't prove my right to work. Also, I am worried that requesting my passport back could slow things down even more. Honestly I expect more for my £735 pounds.
You should have used the NCS or Sent attested docs. The Home office says its 6 months to a decision. I hope ur passport comes back soon though.
Cheers
I know I should have, but I was hoping that it won't take this long. Anyway, I think people from certain countries are vetted quite heavily prior to the approval of their application. Below is my weird time line so far

Application submitted: 17/09/2010
Payment declined: 23/09/2010
New payment instruction processed: 05/10/2010
Application status check: 22/10/2010 (Under consideration)
Application status check: 29/10/2010 (Awaiting allocation to case worker)
Application status check: 05/11/2010 (Awaiting allocation to case worker)

In short, I am quite sure that the application is actually going through a special vetting process for certain nationalities, however, I am looking forward to receiving an approval hopefully in two weeks, otherwise, I will have to request the passport back.
samething here mate. i applied throught NCS on 26 sept 2010 and until now my application is going from under consideration to overconsideration.

got my acknowledgement letter on 30/sep/2010. i called last wendesday and my application status was "underconsideration2.

my advice is to wait and wait until you got the result. the more you call the more your application is delayed

My application has taken 6 weeks so far also. My payment was also rejected and I had to make a new payment....I'm starting to think that this is what causes the extra delay...

@ICEBREAKER - was your payment also rejected?

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:57 am

@ICEBREAKER - was your payment also rejected?[/quote]

my payment was not rejected. I don't what is going on. God is with us.

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:21 am

i lost my the refrence letter ......is there anyone who knows what i should provide if i call the homeofice.?

larry

Post by larry » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 am

@Tangozebra

I cannot comment on your case but to say nigerians are thoroughtly vetted is wrong. Myself and my family are witness to this. I am nigerian as well and my application took less than two months from naturalisation application to passport receipt. After I got my british passport I applied for my wife and 3 children and they got their naturalisation approval within three weeks. They are also nigerians with nigeria passports, even we all have muslim names as our midnames. Here is our timeline for details:

MYSELF
NCS or Postal: NCS Solihull
CRITERIA - HSMP -JR 4 years+ 1 year ILR
Date of submission: 27th August 2010
Date reached 31th August
Date of Debit Card deduction: 02nd Sepetmber
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 4th September dated
Date UKBA made decision: 14th September
Date of receipt of approval: 16th September
Date of ceremony - 6th October (private - Coventry)
Date of Passport application -6th October
Date of Interview letter receipt - 12th October
Date of receipt of supporting documents - 12th October
Date of Passport interview - 16th October
Date of receipt of passport - 19th October

WIFE and 3 CHILDREN
NCS or Postal: Postal
CRITERIA - British dependant ( 3 years)
Date of submission: 21st October 2010
Date reached 22nd October 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 26th October
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 1st November
Date UKBA made decision: 4th November
Date of receipt of documents & approval: 5th November
Date of ceremony - Awaiting
Date of Passport application - Awaiting

While I hope you get your approval soon, I think you look elsewhere for the delay of your application rather than being a Nigerian or due to unfortunate underpant incident. More importantly, once an application is returned for any reason, it takes a longer time that normal to get process again.

regards;

angel786

Post by angel786 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:16 am

ICEBREAKER wrote:i lost my the refrence letter ......is there anyone who knows what i should provide if i call the homeofice.?
Give them your name and they will ask for details such as address and date of birth

mashroom1
Newly Registered

?

Post by mashroom1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:47 am

I would personally suggest to keep faith & wait. Its seems normal so far as many are in same boat & waiting.

On the other hand I always dread 2nd class post lost in some transition and HO advising to wait till 6 months.... ....seems funny :) isnt?

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 pm

I have realised some case workers are lazy and don get bothered while others are working relly hard.

ukba should monitor some of it's staff. i thought when ukba increased the fee they will improve but seems still the same

mashroom1
Newly Registered

Approved

Post by mashroom1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm

To update further in terms of timelines, I have received approval latters just now for me (AN) & my daughter(MN1).

Wishing you all the same outcome....

NCS or Postal: NCS Leeds
CRITERIA - HSMP -JR 4 years+ 1 year ILR
Date of submission: 01 Oct 2010
Date reached 3rd October 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 7th October
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 13 October
Date UKBA made decision: 28 October
Date of receipt of approval(i.e latter 2nd class(both)): 08 November
Date of ceremony - TBA
Date of Passport application - TBA
Date of Interview letter receipt - TBC
Date of receipt of supporting documents -
Date of Passport interview -
Date of receipt of passport -

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:50 pm

angel786 wrote:
ICEBREAKER wrote:i lost my the refrence letter ......is there anyone who knows what i should provide if i call the homeofice.?
Give them your name and they will ask for details such as address and date of birth
Alternatively, if you have any previous Home Office correspondence, it will have the Home Office reference number, which is different to your naturalisation application reference number. However, this Home Office reference number is permanently linked to your records (it will also appear on your naturalisation certificate) and should be useful when tracking you down in the relevant Home Office database.

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 pm

ICEBREAKER wrote:I have realised some case workers are lazy and don get bothered while others are working relly hard.

ukba should monitor some of it's staff. i thought when ukba increased the fee they will improve but seems still the same
That may well be true.

For example, I was very fortunate that my case worker both decided on the application quickly and called me on my mobile to let me know that the application had been approved and the letter posted to me. Frankly speaking, that's the level of service one should expect for the kind of fees Home Office is charging. It's a shame that many migrants are getting a lot less than that for their buck.

justoone
Newly Registered

ANY ONE APPLY BEFORE 20TH AUGUST 2010

Post by justoone » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:40 pm

IS THERE ANY ONE APPLY BEFORE 20TH AUGUST 2010 AND STILL AWAITING FOR APPROVAL

joebloggs
Newly Registered

Re: ANY ONE APPLY BEFORE 20TH AUGUST 2010

Post by joebloggs » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:25 am

justoone wrote:IS THERE ANY ONE APPLY BEFORE 20TH AUGUST 2010 AND STILL AWAITING FOR APPROVAL
Can you think of anything unusual in your application?

rolozamora
Newly Registered

My Timeline up until now...

Post by rolozamora » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 am

My approval letter came yesterday, it took seven days to reach! (735pounds couldnt not pay for 1st class post!)

Anyway, I followed advice given on this forum and last week friday I called UKBA enquiring about a tracking number for the approval letter. Having asked that as a starter they said they post 2nd class not recorded delivery. From then onwards it was easy to get the operator to give me an update on the application, at that point I was told a letter had been sent to me on the 2nd of November and should reach soon.

Rightafter I called Islington council, they confirmed they had received the Certificate and said they had posted me the ceremony invitation letter.

Overall it took 1 calendar month (4.5 weeks for the whole process). This forum has been incredibly helpful, a sort of collective moral support space to which I resorted on daily basis during the last weeks of anxiety.

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.

NCS or Postal NCS
If NCS, which centre ISLINGTON
Date of submission or posting 07.Oct.2010
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) HSMP JR (4 + 1 YR ILR)
Date of HO receipt 08.Oct.2010
Date of debit of CREDIT card 13.Oct.2010
Date of letter of acknowledgement 13.Oct.2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 18.Oct.2010
Date of decision 01.Nov.2010
Date of receipt of approval 08.Nov.2010
Date of Ceremony TBC
Date of appln. for passport TBC
Method used TBC
Date of Passport Interview TBC
Date of Receipt TBC

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:13 am

Hi Generalisimus / Magsi ,

Apologies to jump in and repost my query here as I did not get any remarks on a new topic - thought its worth a try to repeat here.

I had passport intw yesterday , need to check if anyone who had passport intw was asked if he / she was on a voter list ? I had to tell the fact that since my previous accomodation was a shared accomodation leased by friend ( who handled all correspondence for voter list, etc ) , we were not in the voter list but recently we moved in our own house and have received a post to submit our details for the voter list and we shall be keen to get on voter's list.

Will this be an issue to if we were not on voter's list ? I believe if the idea is to verify the indentity - one can also do it by verifying with bank / credit card details apart from voter's list as well ?

Also I messed up with my dad's year of birth but the courteous interviewer double checked if my dad and mom shared same year of birth - thats when I realised I said same year of birth for mom and dad. Apparently I rectified and said the correct year , hope the correct answer at the second attempt may not be adversely considered ?

Any thoughts and comments from successful / unsuccessful friends who had passport intw ?

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:30 am

chakde23 wrote:Hi Generalisimus / Magsi ,

Apologies to jump in and repost my query here as I did not get any remarks on a new topic - thought its worth a try to repeat here.

I had passport intw yesterday , need to check if anyone who had passport intw was asked if he / she was on a voter list ? I had to tell the fact that since my previous accomodation was a shared accomodation leased by friend ( who handled all correspondence for voter list, etc ) , we were not in the voter list but recently we moved in our own house and have received a post to submit our details for the voter list and we shall be keen to get on voter's list.

Will this be an issue to if we were not on voter's list ? I believe if the idea is to verify the indentity - one can also do it by verifying with bank / credit card details apart from voter's list as well ?

Also I messed up with my dad's year of birth but the courteous interviewer double checked if my dad and mom shared same year of birth - thats when I realised I said same year of birth for mom and dad. Apparently I rectified and said the correct year , hope the correct answer at the second attempt may not be adversely considered ?

Any thoughts and comments from successful / unsuccessful friends who had passport intw ?
Whether you are already on the electoral register or not has no impact on your passport application whatsoever. As for getting your dad's DOB wrong, call up the Passport Office and ask if the application has been approved. Make sure you have your barcode reference number handy. Personally, I doubt that it should be an issue, but it's easy to double-check by just calling them.

Smallfamily

my citizenship application

Post by Smallfamily » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:50 am

Hi guys,I am new user to this website. I have found this website very helpful and you all have answered my questions already. So thanks everyone...

I have recently submitted my citizenship application.

NCS or Postal: NCS
Which NCS: High Wycombe
Date of submission or posting: Friday 25th October 2010, received in Date of debit of debit/credit card:05 Nov 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 06th Oct.2010:-Date on letter 01/11/10
Date of receipt of approval:Waiting
Date of Ceremony:
Date of appln. for passport:
Method used:
Date of Receipt:

I rang home office today and they said that my application is going through security checks. So my question is whether the security check is the last stage before making decision? Have they already checked the photocopied documents sent by ncs, application form etc and got satisfied and then they sent my app for security check.
I have no criminal record whatsoever so can I assume that I will be receiving a positive response soon... or security check is not the last stage so they can still ask for any document etc.

Looking forward to the answers and thanks in advance

I will be keep updating my application process here for those who are going through the same procedure...

Kind Regards
Bergaza

psychedelic79
Newly Registered

Re: my citizenship application

Post by psychedelic79 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Smallfamily wrote:Hi guys,I am new user to this website. I have found this website very helpful and you all have answered my questions al...

Kind Regards
Bergaza
Sorry can I check what you were trying to find out when you called the HO today ?

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Many thanks, any advise if I need to be personally at home to take delivery of passport or anyone at home can sign to collect passports ?

Generalisimus wrote:
chakde23 wrote:Hi Generalisimus / Magsi ,

Whether you are already on the electoral register or not has no impact on your passport application whatsoever. As for getting your dad's DOB wrong, call up the Passport Office and ask if the application has been approved. Make sure you have your barcode reference number handy. Personally, I doubt that it should be an issue, but it's easy to double-check by just calling them.

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:24 pm

chakde23 wrote:Many thanks, any advise if I need to be personally at home to take delivery of passport or anyone at home can sign to collect passports ?
Someone should be able to take delivery and they should have a proof of YOUR identity. Alternatively, you can arrange a redelivery (to your work address for example) once you have obtained the courier tracking reference from the passport office.

mashroom1
Newly Registered

Citizen Ceremony

Post by mashroom1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:31 pm

The council is asking for £110 extra for a private ceremony... (as Public one is more than a month away).

My understanding was that we pay £80 already for this (like a catch at every point) & an extra £30 may be justifiable for a private one....

I think each council is having their own rate for Private ceremony. Is it correct?