ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Loss of Passport when send to High commision of india,London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Deep4ILR

Loss of Passport when send to High commision of india,London

Post by Deep4ILR » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:30 am

Hi all,
I am having bit of problme where i send my 5 year old daughther's passport for renewal to HCI,London by post and now after 4 weeks they are saying that they don't have record of this application.
Looking at royal mail tracking it confirms that it was deleivered to high commision on 06/10 and received and signed by Buntlix Willy but HCI keeps saying they don't where abouts of it.

We have trip plan to india mid of dec and now i am panicking what can i do..
Have any one been in this situation ?
Can anyone suggest what can i do so that they can do the travel ?
please advice..

Thanks,
Deep..

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:49 am

Looks like HCI has lost the documents but not at all keen to admit the fault. What does HCI have to say about the proof of receipt?

You need to apply for a duplicate passport - which HCI should not charge you for (only if they are ready to accept the blame). You'll need to report the loss at a police station and get written confirmation of the police report.

This said, please don't make multiple posts on the same topic and please post your query in the forum appropriate for it.

regards

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:00 pm

A lesson I have learnt the hard way....Always go to HCI London in person to get the passport reissued/renewed and do keep hold of the dot-matrix printed receipt they give you. You might end up spending money in travelling but it it worth and avoids any hassle later on.

Also, if you are able to spend, then do avail the tatkal (premium) service and get the new passport issued the same day for a cost of an additional £100. If might just offset against the multiple trips you will need to make to the high commission if you avail the normal service.

milan.1680
Newly Registered

anymore information

Post by milan.1680 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi

I am going through the same right now, signed by butnix willy and HIC denying having applicatoin.

Did you apply for duplicate passport? If yes than how long did it took and how did you manage to get the visa re-issue?

Your help is much appreciated

thanks

milan

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:26 pm

HCI should be taken to court for not accepting their mistakes. Its England not India.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:07 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote:HCI should be taken to court for not accepting their mistakes. Its England not India.
I guess most of them enjoy 'diplomatic immunity'.