ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Earnings

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sachincs
Newly Registered

HSMP Earnings

Post by sachincs » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:43 am

Hi All,

I have heard that employee ( in computer field) whoever is working on HSMP ( Tier 0-1 ) Visa is earning 300-500 pounds daily.

I just want to confirm if it is really fake or truth.

Please guide.. I am interested to apply if it is so...

Thanks in advance..

Sachin

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:26 am

Strange question... yes, people on Tier 1 can earn £500 a day (or even more) as contractors - but obviously it depends on skills and experience.

Also, I'd imagine that after one will deduct taxes, NI, fees to the agency/accountant, etc - the real number will be less attractive.

kenfrapin

Re: HSMP Earnings

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:35 am

sachincs wrote: I have heard that employee ( in computer field) whoever is working on HSMP ( Tier 0-1 ) Visa is earning 300-500 pounds daily.

Sachin,
I guess you are REALLY new to the UK and just starting out and hence the question - if not, then its really quite a silly one!!!

The visa one holds DOES NOT dictate the rates one commands. As long as you can legally work in the UK, you get what the market pays and what your skills demand.
So now that thats cleared up - contractors in the UK get anywhere from £180 to £800 a day with the avg around £300-£400 all depending on your experience, domain, sector and field of work.

KP

Idea

Re: HSMP Earnings

Post by Idea » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:27 pm

sachincs wrote:Hi All,

I have heard that employee ( in computer field) whoever is working on HSMP ( Tier 0-1 ) Visa is earning 300-500 pounds daily.

Please guide.. I am interested to apply if it is so...

Thanks in advance..

Sachin
i like your attitude ..if the money is there you are interested, everything else can be taken care of

sachincs
Newly Registered

Post by sachincs » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:54 pm

hehehehe .... Yes.... Idea....

To work in abroad .... Money must be top priority..

otherwise who will be ready to come to abroad and work if he is not able to save money end of the day...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Like it has been suggested, if someone else is minting money doesn't necessarily mean that you'll too!

regards

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:07 pm

sachincs wrote:hehehehe .... Yes.... Idea....

To work in abroad .... Money must be top priority..

otherwise who will be ready to come to abroad and work if he is not able to save money end of the day...
errr...people who want to live, settle down and enjoy the English Culture? Its not all about making money, converting into your home currency when purchasing every single thing - even a chewing gum!!! Such people should just stay home and not come here. You have one life to live so live it and remember you wont get it back - no point spending your whole life just saving and saving and saving and then turning 60 not being able to do anything with your money!!!

Very silly thought process displayed and its mentality like this that has resulted in the current state of IT salaries dropping so much....tsk tsk...

KP

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:29 pm

kenfrapin wrote:people who want to live, settle down and enjoy the English Culture?
Hear, hear!

sachincs
Newly Registered

Post by sachincs » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey...kenfrapin,

Ok ..; :) I want to live...Enjoy English culture....but can not settle down there...one day I have to return to my country....

So obviously... thought what I have and what I had will come to my mind while returning to my country...

I was just curious because I have heard that normally monthly salary is there 2000- 3000 pounds... if people are getting more than 500 pounds then why not everyone works on contract basis....

or they can not work daily on contract basis... something like it.... I am not greedy... lavishly I will spend money to live my life... and I am spending too... but one day I have to give back to the society... do something for the society... irrespective where ever I am....

I owe it... :)

Idea

Post by Idea » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:01 pm

sachincs

In England Footballers make 80,000 per week - thats lot more than contracting, why are you not interested in it ?

As for people making 500 a day - did you bother about finding the qualifications , skills and experience held by those people ? or do you plan to acquire them when needed ?

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:11 am

sachincs wrote:Hey...kenfrapin,

Ok ..; :) I want to live...Enjoy English culture....but can not settle down there...one day I have to return to my country....

I was just curious because I have heard that normally monthly salary is there 2000- 3000 pounds... if people are getting more than 500 pounds then why not everyone works on contract basis....

or they can not work daily on contract basis... something like it....
The above statements show ur naivety to me which is why you are making assumptions without knowing a lot of key facts. Here are some to set the scene

1. 10 yrs back what you said MAY have held true - UK a country of great wealth and opportunity where one could come for a few years, make money and go back home - this is NO longer true. The US of A in fact is still a much better and greener place for such ambitions
2. Avg salaries are no longer 2000-3000 a month. Thanks once again to the stupidity of the government and unlimited Tier 1/HSMP visas, salaries have crashed and more so for the IT Sector
3. Contracting for 500 a day for 6 months sounds sweet. The ignorant people forget that working for 6 months at 500 is worse than being in a perm role making £36k a year.
4. Why a perm role? With a perm role comes a whole lot of benefits - insurance, health, pension, paid holidays, benefits, legal backing etc etc etc - you get NONE of these contracting. A contractor has no backing if something goes wrong. The day a contractor stops working is they day they get ZERO which is not true for a perm employee

Finally on your question on why does everyone not contract given the money is simple - with contracting there is no guarantee. You depend on your own network and on your own savings in bad times which is not true for perm roles. People prefer getting paid a decent salary without the tension of finding new jobs every 3 months, without the tension of living anywhere in the UK just to work and without the worry that if something bad were to happen they are not alone.

The UK and her work culture is not all about money, and nor are her people and the life here. There is no point coming here to make money because if one were that good, they would always make more money in their home country and save more. The ones who makes £70k plus in perm roles or get £1000k a day contracting are married to their jobs and work not less than 10-12hrs a day every day. So the net rate rate per hour is still the same.

The UK of today is just about living and enjoying life here - excess money is really hard to come by. Work culture is great, life is good and opportunities a plenty. If one is ready to live on bread and salt for 5 or 10yrs and live in filthy conditions then yes, one can make and save money but no sane man will waste 10yrs of their life to save a few pounds and lose 3650 days doing so

Trust me, there is a lot more to read between the lines that there is open to see with 2 eyes...and that my friend, is the quintessential British style :-)

KP

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 pm

sachincs wrote:Hey...kenfrapin,

So obviously... thought what I have and what I had will come to my mind while returning to my country...

or they can not work daily on contract basis... something like it.... I am not greedy... lavishly I will spend money to live my life... and I am spending too... but one day I have to give back to the society... do something for the society... irrespective where ever I am....

I owe it... :)
Yes, it is true if you are in the computer field(god knows what that means!! )..you have an HSMP(you can't get one because that does not exist any more!!)..you can earn any amount of moolah you want !!...

I would suggest you to first do an educative research (which btw will include relevant questions) like googling, asking people, asking relevant questions on this forum about the job market rather than a very naive approach where you say --can i get £X in the UK if I have a visa and a computer?...all the best!!