ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HaseebKhan

My Time Line

Post by HaseebKhan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:35 pm

NCS or Postal Postal
If NCS, which centre
Date of submission or posting 14.Oct.2010
CRITERIA - 6 yr stay (5 + 1 yr ILR) WorkPermit
Date of HO receipt 15.Oct.2010
Date of debit of CREDIT card 18.Oct.2010
Date of letter of acknowledgement 18.Oct.2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 22.Oct.2010
Date of decision 28.Oct.2010
Date of receipt of approval 04.Nov.2010
Date of Ceremony 17.Nov.2010
Date of appln. for passport TBC
Method used TBC
Date of Passport Interview TBC
Date of Receipt TBC

Generalisimus

FINAL UPDATE

Post by Generalisimus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 pm

FINAL UPDATE

43 calendar days in total:

NCS or Postal: NCS Camden
CRITERIA - 5 Years (WP/HSMP/Tier 1 + ILR)
Date of submission: 27 Sep 2010
Date reached HO: 28 Sep 2010
Date of Credit Card deduction: 1 Oct 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 13 Oct 2010 (dated 1 Oct 2010)
Date allocated to a case worker: 14 Oct 2010
Date approval granted: 14 Oct 2010
Approval & Citizenship Invitation letter (one letter covering both):
- Dated 15 Oct 2010
- Sent on 18 Oct 2010
- Received on 21 Oct 2010
Date of Ceremony (public): 27 Oct 2010
UK Passport timeline:
- Applied: 28 Oct 2010
- Received: 9 Nov 2010

I never received a passport invitation letter. Instead, I attended the passport interview after I had obtained the interview reference number by calling 0300 222 0000 and then booked the interview appointment on 0300 222 1000.

Passport interview questions were the typical ones: the details from my passport application (my name, address, parents' details: name, DOB and place of birth), my personal credit history (mortgages, credit cards, loans), the place and the date of my citizenship ceremony and whether I had received the supporting documents back.

Postal tracking number for the passport and the supporting docs can be obtained by calling 0300 222 0000.

Got the old-style biometric passport, not the Oct 2010 model.

Finally, a quick summary of how I tracked progress of my naturalisation application:

- the case worked called me on the phone number I had provided in the application form to advise that the application had been approved and the approval letter sent out to me.

- verified the caller's story by dialing 01516 725 626; selected the option for application that were over 6 months old, as otherwise would not have been connected to an advisor; asked for the post office tracking number of the approval letter as an excuse to enquire about my application;

All the best of luck to those who are still waiting!!!

Smallfamily

Re: my citizenship application

Post by Smallfamily » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:56 pm

psychedelic79 wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:Hi guys,I am new user to this website. I have found this website very helpful and you all have answered my questions al...

Kind Regards
Bergaza
Sorry can I check what you were trying to find out when you called the HO today ?

I just asked for the status of my application and the guy told me that my application is passing through the security check!
So my question is whether the security check is the last stage before making decision? Have they already checked the photocopied documents sent by ncs, application form etc and got satisfied and then they sent my app for security check.
I have no criminal record whatsoever so can I assume that I will be receiving a positive response soon... or security check is not the last stage so they can still ask for any document etc.

Cheers

Mhunt
Newly Registered

Post by Mhunt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:14 pm

Do i have to wear a suit and tie for a citizenship ceremony? I would like to wear trousers, a shirt, jumper and no tie. Would that be ok?

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:34 pm

Mhunt wrote:Do i have to wear a suit and tie for a citizenship ceremony? I would like to wear trousers, a shirt, jumper and no tie. Would that be ok?
There was no particular dress code at my ceremony. That said, you might want to dress up for the photo!

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Smallfamily wrote:I just asked for the status of my application and the guy told me that my application is passing through the security check!
So my question is whether the security check is the last stage before making decision? Have they already checked the photocopied documents sent by ncs, application form etc and got satisfied and then they sent my app for security check.
I have no criminal record whatsoever so can I assume that I will be receiving a positive response soon... or security check is not the last stage so they can still ask for any document etc.
Cheers
Why don't you call them again and ask them as a "general enquiry" as to what "security check" means? You can perhaps mention that you have got that feedback upon an earlier call if they can't quite follow you.

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Generalisimus wrote:
Smallfamily wrote:I just asked for the status of my application and the guy told me that my application is passing through the security check!
Cheers
Why don't you call them again and ask them as a "general enquiry" as to what "security check" means? You can perhaps mention that you have got that feedback upon an earlier call if they can't quite follow you.
They are trying to confuse peaple "undercosideration" is the key word, security check means the application is under porcess that is all and it'll take sometime don't worry about that.

the do criminal check record, if your criteria is +1 ILR year is likely you will get your approval soon but if you r like me who criteria 5 yrs ILR. you probably looking forward 8-9 weeks.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:35 am

I rang HO today and found that my case is in a queue for a case worker. I applied for British Citizenship.Does anyone know what does this stage means i.e.case worker? Is it a good sign for a successful application? Thanks for the answers in advance...

Muz
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Timeline

Post by Muz » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:39 am

Hi All,

I received my ILR onthe 19th oc October at Croydon.

I have applied on the marriage criteria. I first came to the country in 2002.
I got married and converted to a spouse visa in 2006. In 2008 I was not aware of the requirement for Life in the UK test so had to just ask for further leave to stay, which I was granted for another 2 years. I was given in the ILR in person at Croydon without much fuss.

I have now applied for Naturalisation as the requirements of it under marriage category is that I should have ILR and I have been in the country 3 years prior to the time of applying for Naturalisation.

My time line is

NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission: 25th October 2010
Date of receipt of application at UKBA Liverpool: 26th October 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 3rd November 2010 dated 28/10/2010
Date UKBA made decision: Awaiting
Date of receipt of invitation to ceremony: Awaiting
Date of ceremony - Awaiting
Date of Passport application - Awaiting
IPS letter for interview sent out on Awaiting
IPS letter for interview received Awaiting
Date of Interview: Awaiting
Receipt of passport: Awaiting

I tried calling the HO twice first time I asked for tracking number and was told that my application has not yet been allocated.

The second time I tried the same excuse I was told that they have only received my application and should give atleast 3 months before I start calling them.

I really hoped I was one of the lucky ones who could get my approvals asap. Looks like it is not going to be that fast now. Also, I have decided not to call the HO and just wait patiently.

Can some one please give me an idea of what are the stages involved whilst deciding on an application i.e.

Approval, Allocation, Consideration, Security Checks, With Caseworker etc it will be helpful if some one can arrange them and anyother processes in order for me to get a fair idea.

Thanks a lot

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Muz, in addition to the timelines already provided on this forum, you might want to have a look at the following website to see what kind of checks are being done by case workers and what they do in instances when some naturalisation requirements are not fully met:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... tructions/

Muz
Newly Registered

Timeline

Post by Muz » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Thanks Generalisimus,

I sometimes wonder if it would have been any faster with the NCS. However, what is done is done. I hope my application is allocated and aproved soon. Wonder if consideration & security checks have already been carried out.

Tangozebra
Newly Registered

Post by Tangozebra » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Smallfamily wrote:I rang HO today and found that my case is in a queue for a case worker. I applied for British Citizenship.Does anyone know what does this stage means i.e.case worker? Is it a good sign for a successful application? Thanks for the answers in advance...
I am not trying to scare you, but I applied on the 17th of September and I only just exited the queue this week. Also, I have sent them a letter explaining that the unnecessary delay to my application is starting to have adverse effect on my work life. It's got to the point that I am having to postpone starting a new job until January as I cannot proof my eligibilty to work because HO loves the aroma of my passports and won't let them go. Next time I will get a skunk to do its business on anything that require urgent attention.

:lol:

-- Tango --

chakde23

Re: ?

Post by chakde23 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Many thanks for all support, spoke to IPS yesterday and was told passport is being printed and I should get it by thursday. Surprised to get a call frm home - passports are delivered today - Impressed !

My Timelines :

Naturalisation Application : 29th Sept
Ceremony Date : 29th October
IPS Application : 1st November
Called IPS on 5th Nov to book intw slot for 8th Monday ( Chelmsford ) - next day appointment on 6th Nov at Reading was also available . London appoinments had 2 weeks wait.

IPS Intw : 8th Nov - Monday
Passports Received : 10th - November

Thanks for everyone's invaluable support and assistance.

Generalisimus wrote:
chakde23 wrote:Hi Generalisimus / Magsi ,

Apologies to jump in and repost my query here as I did not get any remarks on a new topic - thought its worth a try to repeat here.

I had passport intw yesterday , need to check if anyone who had passport intw was asked if he / she was on a voter list ? I had to tell the fact that since my previous accomodation was a shared accomodation leased by friend ( who handled all correspondence for voter list, etc ) , we were not in the voter list but recently we moved in our own house and have received a post to submit our details for the voter list and we shall be keen to get on voter's list.

Will this be an issue to if we were not on voter's list ? I believe if the idea is to verify the indentity - one can also do it by verifying with bank / credit card details apart from voter's list as well ?

Also I messed up with my dad's year of birth but the courteous interviewer double checked if my dad and mom shared same year of birth - thats when I realised I said same year of birth for mom and dad. Apparently I rectified and said the correct year , hope the correct answer at the second attempt may not be adversely considered ?

Any thoughts and comments from successful / unsuccessful friends who had passport intw ?
Whether you are already on the electoral register or not has no impact on your passport application whatsoever. As for getting your dad's DOB wrong, call up the Passport Office and ask if the application has been approved. Make sure you have your barcode reference number handy. Personally, I doubt that it should be an issue, but it's easy to double-check by just calling them.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Can some one please give an idea for the order of these stages: Approval, Allocation, Consideration, Security Checks and With Caseworker etc. This is also been requested by another user here but I think this can be very useful for estimating progress. If possible can someone also tell us what is involved at "caseworker"stage. Any opinions/ideas... Thanks in advance

fsh
Newly Registered

Post by fsh » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi,

Does the waiting time depend on the type of application eg., single or joint(husband and wife), etc.

Regards

Muz
Newly Registered

Post by Muz » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:20 am

Smallfamily wrote:Can some one please give an idea for the order of these stages: Approval, Allocation, Consideration, Security Checks and With Caseworker etc. This is also been requested by another user here but I think this can be very useful for estimating progress. If possible can someone also tell us what is involved at "caseworker"stage. Any opinions/ideas... Thanks in advance

A very good question it will be nice if some one can throw some light on this and get the whole order of the process.

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Smallfamily wrote:Can some one please give an idea for the order of these stages: Approval, Allocation, Consideration, Security Checks and With Caseworker etc. This is also been requested by another user here but I think this can be very useful for estimating progress. If possible can someone also tell us what is involved at "caseworker"stage. Any opinions/ideas... Thanks in advance
It might be worth mentioning that UKBA has an escalation system whereby a straightforward application will be decided by a Case Worker and a more complex one will be decided by either a Senior Case Worker or the Chief Case Worker.

Therefore, you might need here a decision tree that branches out into straightforward cases and more complex ones, the latter having more steps involved than the former.

fsh
Newly Registered

Post by fsh » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:50 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission: 14th October 2010
Date reached HO: 18th October 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 22nd October 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 28th October (Dated 22nd Oct.)
Date UKBA made decision: 04th November 2010
Date of receipt of approval letter: 11th November 2010
Date of ceremony - 29th November 2010
Date of Passport application -
Application received at IPS-
Booking Reference for interview obtained over phone-
Date of receipt of supporting documents -
Date of Passport interview -
Date of receipt of passport
Last edited by fsh on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:53 pm

NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission: 1st November 2010
Date reached HO: 2nd November 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 4th November 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 10th November (Dated 4th November)
Date UKBA made decision: Waiting
Date of receipt of approval letter: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting
Date of Passport application: Waiting

kumi

Post by kumi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:54 pm

My timelines till now.

AN and MN1

NCS : Bath
Date of submission: 14th October 2010
Date of receipt of application at UKBA Liverpool: 15th October 2010
Date on acknowledgment letter: 19th Oct 2010
Receipt of ack letter: 22/10/2010
Date of payment debit: 19th Oct 2010
Date UKBA made decision: 4th Nov 2010
Date of receipt of approval letter: 11th Nov 2010
Date of receipt of invitation to ceremony: 11th Nov 2010
Date of ceremony - Awaiting
Date of Passport application - Awaiting
IPS letter for interview sent out on Awaiting
IPS letter for interview received Awaiting
Date of Interview: Awaiting
Receipt of passport: Awaiting

kchakravarthi

Post by kchakravarthi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi,
Yesterday i got the approval letter from home office. Initially my credit card was declined and was mentioned in the ack letter so i sent my another card details(debit card).

NCS : Ilford
Date of submission: 11th October 2010
Date on acknowledgment letter: 13th Oct 2010
Receipt of ack letter: 18/10/2010
Date of payment debit: 22nd Oct 2010
Date UKBA made decision: 29th Oct 2010
Date of receipt of approval letter: 10th Nov 2010
Date of receipt of invitation to ceremony: 10th Nov 2010
Date of ceremony - 1st Dec 2010
Date of Passport application - 5 Dec 2010
Date of Interview: 14 Dec 2010
Receipt of passport: 29 Dec 2010
Last edited by kchakravarthi on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:14 pm

The order is:

1.Alocation with
caseworker
2. security with caseworker
3.consideration by a senior caseworker
4.approval
5.post

HaseebKhan

Re: My Time Line

Post by HaseebKhan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:27 pm

[quote="HaseebKhan"]NCS or Postal Postal
If NCS, which centre
Date of submission or posting 14.Oct.2010
CRITERIA - 6 yr stay (5 + 1 yr ILR) WorkPermit
Date of HO receipt 15.Oct.2010
Date of debit of CREDIT card 18.Oct.2010
Date of letter of acknowledgement 18.Oct.2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 22.Oct.2010
Date of decision 28.Oct.2010
Date of receipt of approval 04.Nov.2010
Date of Ceremony 10.Nov.2010
Date of appln. for passport 10.Nov.2010
Method used Check and Send
Date of Passport Interview TBC
Date of Receipt TBC

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Is there anyone who was waiting his/her naturalisation application more than 6 weeks?

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:10 pm

ICEBREAKER wrote:Is there anyone who was waiting his/her naturalisation application more than 6 weeks?
Did u use NCS or normal postal service?