ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling to other country from UK for job purpose

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RockingM
Newly Registered

travelling to other country from UK for job purpose

Post by RockingM » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi,

I have tier 1 visa for uk. I am having one job offer in UK where in i may have to travel to other countries for business visit purpose. My query is once i get job in uk and for job purpose if i need to travel to countries other than uk (eg. HK, US etc). What is the procedure? Will company sponsor my visa for that country? How it works? Are we eligible to get visa of other countries while working in UK on tier1 visa? Will my family be able to join with me in that regard (who are on dependent visa with me in UK)? Can they also get visa for that other country?

geriatrix

Re: travelling to other country from UK for job purpose

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:57 pm

RockingM wrote:What is the procedure?
Apply for visa at the embassy (in UK) of the country you wish to travel to.
RockingM wrote:Will company sponsor my visa for that country?
Your employer needs to answer that question.
RockingM wrote:How it works? Are we eligible to get visa of other countries while working in UK on tier1 visa?
Why not? Tier 1 stamp doesn't stop you from travelling to other countries, on business or for pleasure.
RockingM wrote:Will my family be able to join with me in that regard (who are on dependent visa with me in UK)? Can they also get visa for that other country?
Yes, if they meet the visa requirements of the country you intend to travel to.

regards