ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Civil Partnership from Tier 4

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

accastudent

Civil Partnership from Tier 4

Post by accastudent » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:11 am

Hi, I am asking this question on behalf of my friend. He is in relationship with an english lady for one month. They have been working at the same place for more than three years. Now my friend want to apply for civil partnership to extend his stay from tier 4 to civil partnership visa. Could any one please give some guidance what procedures to follow ?
M W ALI

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:26 am

accastudent wrote:He is in relationship with an english lady for one month
"Civil partnership" is inappropriate.

After marriage, he may switch or apply for a spouse visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

accastudent

Post by accastudent » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks for your reply. Now If they go for marraige, the UKBA requires that there should be 6 months visa left with my friend. infact he is left with 4 months in his tier 4 leave, what should they do in this circumstances, as the lady is not happy tht my friend go back to him country and apply from there. The COA will take long time to process. Please give me some guidance how to follow the right track. They were working for three years together and they meet at work and visit almost everyday to each other places from more than amonth now. so there is no documentary evidance i.e. letters etc. pleaseguide me whats the best options avaiable to them. regards,
M W ALI