ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking Guidance Before applying for UK TIer 1 visa.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pradeepsharma0601
Newly Registered

Seeking Guidance Before applying for UK TIer 1 visa.

Post by pradeepsharma0601 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Hello Friends,

I am an Indian national and planning to apply for UK Tier 1 General visa, thus, getting ready with the documents and knowing the applying process. I have been in continuous touch with websites providing information related to UK immigration using Tier 1 General visa including the UK government websites. I am very much clear with so many things but still when I see the post here in immigrationboards my mind get full with question.

I used the point based calculator given in http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator to know my eligibility and according to that I am eligible to apply for visa. As the process of applying seems so simple I decided not to go with the agents and pay them huge money and do it self. So, below I am listing the stuff that I understood and is required to apply for the visa. Please also reply for the inline queries in bold the below points:

1) We need to fill two forms:
a) VAF9 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9) b) Appendix 1 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... sappendix1)

2) I will submit my original passport which will work as my age proof.

3) I can submit the online taken bank stmt showing clearly the last three months transaction to fulfill the fund requirement test. That statement must have a bank stamp and authorised person signature stating that this document is true.

4) I will submit only my university degree in orginal as a proof of education qualification. There is no need to submit the semester markesheets.

5) As my degree is of 4 years and is completely taught in english, even while checking my eligibility using the point based calculator, I found my university name there which means I need not to get my degree compatibility checked with UK education system through NARIC. As my university name is present in the point based calculator, I can claim point for english language requirement as well thus I need not to submit any sort of proof like IELTS score, a letter from college or university for subjects taught in english.

6) For past earnings proofs, I will submit following documents:
a) All 12 months salary slip on company letter head with stamp and signature.
b) A bank account statement which shows my salary was credited in the account.
I have few questions on this:
a) The bank statement must clearly show all transaction done for last 12 months or should i only take print of those transaction which show the salary is credited. If i take complete 12 month transaction statement the it will have huge number of paper.
b) Regarding the Gross and Net salary:
My Salary slip Earnings and deduction column:
In Earnings column we have followings:
BASIC, House Rent allowance, Conveyance Allowance, FBP, Medical, Other(Deputation allowance)
and In deducation we have: Tax deducation, Provident fund, Food coupans.
so lets say if below is my salary slip:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------INCOME DEDUCTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BASIC 25000.00 PF 3000.00  
HRA 10000.00 INCOME TAX 604.00  
CONVEYANCE 800.00 FOOD COUPON 1100.00  
FBP 10500.00  
MEDICAL 1250.00  
OTHER ALLOW 1818.00  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Earnings: Rs. 49368.00 Total Deductions: Rs. 4704.00

Net Pay : 44664.00 

Here what will be my gross salary and net salary?

7) I have read so many post and those confused me, so kindly answer these questions as well.
a) Do we need to submit our experience certificate in original of all the employers whom I worked for. I cannot see any such requirement in the help guide of UK immigration.
8) As I studied in XYZ college and the college is affiliated to ABC university whose name exists in the point based calculator so while filling the form appendix 1, in the institution name should I put ABC or XYZ.
9) In the appendix form 1 in the past earnings can i specify the figures in indian rupees and what to write in the evidence of earnings provided.
10) In earning proofs, incuding the salary slip and bank statement do I need to submit the Form16 and Income tax department acknowledgement slip as well.
10) I am an indian national so I need to go for a TB checkup.
11) Do we have to submit any good health related document.
12) Do we need to submit any certificate from police as well for entry clerance.
13) I guess vaf9 form is an entry clearance form, if not kindly tell me where can i get it when exactly is it submitted.
14) We need to got bio metric stuff.

Hope to get favorable response

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Seeking Guidance Before applying for UK TIer 1 visa.

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:47 pm

pradeepsharma0601 wrote:Hello Friends,

I am an Indian national and planning to apply for UK Tier 1 General visa, thus, getting ready with the documents and knowing the applying process. I have been in continuous touch with websites providing information related to UK immigration using Tier 1 General visa including the UK government websites. I am very much clear with so many things but still when I see the post here in immigrationboards my mind get full with question.

I used the point based calculator given in http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator to know my eligibility and according to that I am eligible to apply for visa. As the process of applying seems so simple I decided not to go with the agents and pay them huge money and do it self. So, below I am listing the stuff that I understood and is required to apply for the visa. Please also reply for the inline queries in bold the below points:

1) We need to fill two forms:
a) VAF9 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9) b) Appendix 1 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... sappendix1)
Yes
2) I will submit my original passport which will work as my age proof. Yes

3) I can submit the online taken bank stmt showing clearly the last three months transaction to fulfill the fund requirement test. That statement must have a bank stamp and authorised person signature stating that this document is true.
Online printouts are not recommended for regular bank accounts. Get the statements on the bank stationery which has the bank logo and a stamp and sign. If you have statements you receive by post no need for any stamp or sign.
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

4) I will submit only my university degree in orginal as a proof of education qualification. There is no need to submit the semester markesheets. Correct. But, I think the VFS people will suggest to submit the marksheets as well. If you have them no harm in providing them

5) As my degree is of 4 years and is completely taught in english, even while checking my eligibility using the point based calculator, I found my university name there which means I need not to get my degree compatibility checked with UK education system through NARIC. As my university name is present in the point based calculator, I can claim point for english language requirement as well thus I need not to submit any sort of proof like IELTS score, a letter from college or university for subjects taught in english. Correct

6) For past earnings proofs, I will submit following documents:
a) All 12 months salary slip on company letter head with stamp and signature.
b) A bank account statement which shows my salary was credited in the account.
I have few questions on this:
a) The bank statement must clearly show all transaction done for last 12 months or should i only take print of those transaction which show the salary is credited. If i take complete 12 month transaction statement the it will have huge number of paper. All transactions and as mentioned above not online printouts
b) Regarding the Gross and Net salary:
My Salary slip Earnings and deduction column:
In Earnings column we have followings:
BASIC, House Rent allowance, Conveyance Allowance, FBP, Medical, Other(Deputation allowance)
and In deducation we have: Tax deducation, Provident fund, Food coupans.
so lets say if below is my salary slip:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------INCOME DEDUCTION
BASIC 25000.00 PF 3000.00  
HRA 10000.00 INCOME TAX 604.00  
CONVEYANCE 800.00 FOOD COUPON 1100.00  
FBP 10500.00  
MEDICAL 1250.00  
OTHER ALLOW 1818.00  

Total Earnings: Rs. 49368.00 Total Deductions: Rs. 4704.00

Net Pay : 44664.00 

Here what will be my gross salary and net salary?
Gross Rs. 49368.00 Net Pay : 44664.00

7) I have read so many post and those confused me, so kindly answer these questions as well.
a) Do we need to submit our experience certificate in original of all the employers whom I worked for. I cannot see any such requirement in the help guide of UK immigration. Not necessary
8) As I studied in XYZ college and the college is affiliated to ABC university whose name exists in the point based calculator so while filling the form appendix 1, in the institution name should I put ABC or XYZ.
What does your certificate say, ABC University I guess.
9) In the appendix form 1 in the past earnings can i specify the figures in indian rupees and what to write in the evidence of earnings provided.
10) In earning proofs, incuding the salary slip and bank statement do I need to submit the Form16 and Income tax department acknowledgement slip as well. Not necessary. But I think the VFS people will ask for ITR acknowledgement
10) I am an indian national so I need to go for a TB checkup. Not necessary now. But, is advisable to carry a chest X_ray while travelling to UK once you get the visa. It is not mandatory. But if you have one, it might be handy during the immigration check
11) Do we have to submit any good health related document. No
12) Do we need to submit any certificate from police as well for entry clerance. No
13) I guess vaf9 form is an entry clearance form, if not kindly tell me where can i get it when exactly is it submitted. Yes
14) We need to got bio metric stuff. Biometrics are done at the time of application at the VFS

Hope to get favorable response

coretest
Newly Registered

Post by coretest » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:22 am

I am continuing with this post because my case is very much similar to the questions asked above, and it maybe easier to refer to some query above, if I have any doubt about them.

As the title already indicates, am seeking guidance before applying.
I have almost all the data and maintenance-fund ready, and am preparing to write the documents and collecting relevant letters from bank and employer.

The question I have right now is, how to indicate the 12 months earnings.

Extract from my bank statement is as follows:
1/10/2009 salary for sept Rs.xxxxx
3/11/2009 SALARY OCt 09 Rs.xxxxx
1/12/2009 SALARY OCt 09 Rs.xxxxx
1/1/2010 SALARY dec 09 Rs.xxxxx
1/11/2010 SALARY oct 10 Rs.xxxxx

The Nov09 salary being titled as Oct09 should not be a problem, as answered in one of the recent posts in this forum.
The doubt is what should be the start-date and end-date for my 12-month earnings. Payslips would show the month, but salary is usually deposited after the 1st, as you see above.

P.S. I am planning to apply during the next week or the week after, at max. If anyone is applying during the same timelines, I would be eager to communicate to compare notes.
Last edited by coretest on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

coretest
Newly Registered

Post by coretest » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:23 am

:( I hope to receive an answer to my earlier question in this post.
I am gathering the cover letters format now.

Some more questions that I have now:
1. VAF9 form, Part 5b: What proof should I be submitting for my father's and mother's date-of-birth and age proof? Is it ok to submit their respective passports or PAN cards or ration card should be enough? Ration card has their names and other contents in local language.

2. VAF9 form, Part 5b: "Mother's family name" I guess this means the current surname after marriage. This is how it is addressed in India. I am from India.

3. In the "Points Based System Appendix 1(JULY 2010)" form, what shall I mention the "Occupation" as?
My designation is not mentioned in the payslip though, but am a "Team Lead" in a software Pvt Ltd company.

4. Should I be submitting all the documents in an envelope or a folder containing individual plastic sheets containing 1-document-in-each-sheet?
My masters degree certificate from the university is around 12inches by 15inches in dimension. It cannot be folded in the center, because that's where the university logo is.

I hope at this stage, my queries are considered urgent by seniors and experienced people around here.

Enjoy the weekend :)

Pushpendra
Newly Registered

Post by Pushpendra » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:38 am

Hi coretest,
I am also planning to submit the document by 18th nov 2010.I am currently in Hyderabad.
I also have almost the same queries which you have raised.

Pushpendra

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:16 am

coretest wrote::( I hope to receive an answer to my earlier question in this post.
I am gathering the cover letters format now.

Some more questions that I have now:
1. VAF9 form, Part 5b: What proof should I be submitting for my father's and mother's date-of-birth and age proof? Is it ok to submit their respective passports or PAN cards or ration card should be enough? Ration card has their names and other contents in local language.

Dont have to provide any proof for parent's DOB.

2. VAF9 form, Part 5b: "Mother's family name" I guess this means the current surname after marriage. This is how it is addressed in India. I am from India. Yes

3. In the "Points Based System Appendix 1(JULY 2010)" form, what shall I mention the "Occupation" as?
My designation is not mentioned in the payslip though, but am a "Team Lead" in a software Pvt Ltd company.
Mention your Occupation not your designation. If you are into IT, 'IT Professional' should be fine.

4. Should I be submitting all the documents in an envelope or a folder containing individual plastic sheets containing 1-document-in-each-sheet? It would be good to arrange them into plastic folders so that you know what document is where so that you dont get confused but, in VFS they arrange them in their own order.
My masters degree certificate from the university is around 12inches by 15inches in dimension. It cannot be folded in the center, because that's where the university logo is.

I hope at this stage, my queries are considered urgent by seniors and experienced people around here.

Enjoy the weekend :)

coretest
Newly Registered

Post by coretest » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:05 pm

aruni, thanks a lot for answering the questions.

Arranging the documents in different plastic folders is a good suggestion :)

About the earlier query about the start-date and end-date for the 12 months earnings:
I figured out that whatever the start and end date I specify, it will signify the earnings period and not the start and end dates of the bank transactions. I could provide transactions till the date that the 12th month salary was deposited.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:18 pm

coretest wrote:aruni, thanks a lot for answering the questions.

Arranging the documents in different plastic folders is a good suggestion :)

About the earlier query about the start-date and end-date for the 12 months earnings:
I figured out that whatever the start and end date I specify, it will signify the earnings period and not the start and end dates of the bank transactions. I could provide transactions till the date that the 12th month salary was deposited.
The earnings period should your actual period you worked.

coretest
Newly Registered

Post by coretest » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:30 pm

I am still working with the same company, and I havent taken a break or significant holiday in the 12 month period.

My earnings period will be
start: 01 Nov 2009
end: 31 Oct 2010

bank transactions shown from
start: 25 Oct 2009
end: 10 Nov 2010 (coz the Oct salary was deposited on 2nd Nov)

This should work, right?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:33 pm

coretest wrote:I am still working with the same company, and I havent taken a break or significant holiday in the 12 month period.

My earnings period will be
start: 01 Nov 2009
end: 31 Oct 2010

bank transactions shown from
start: 25 Oct 2009
end: 10 Nov 2010 (coz the Oct salary was deposited on 2nd Nov)

This should work, right?
It seems to be fine to me.

coretest
Newly Registered

Post by coretest » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:08 pm

My 12 months Previous Earnings period is: 01 Nov 2009 to 31 Oct 2010

According to http://www.oanda.com/currency/classic-converter

Sunday, October 31, 2010

xxx,xx8 Indian Rupee = xx,xxx.8 British Pound
Median price = 0.01378 / 0.01410 (bid/ask)

So, what is the Exchange rate I should be using in the Points Based Calculator Self Assessment?

0.01378 OR 0.01410

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:57 pm

coretest wrote:My 12 months Previous Earnings period is: 01 Nov 2009 to 31 Oct 2010

According to http://www.oanda.com/currency/classic-converter

Sunday, October 31, 2010

xxx,xx8 Indian Rupee = xx,xxx.8 British Pound
Median price = 0.01378 / 0.01410 (bid/ask)

So, what is the Exchange rate I should be using in the Points Based Calculator Self Assessment?

0.01378 OR 0.01410
See Tier 1 - Help needed in converting earning applying tomorrow

regards

coretest
Newly Registered

Post by coretest » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 am

Thanks a lot.
That link cleared a lot of doubts about the exchange rate.