ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & GP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GD78

ILR & GP

Post by GD78 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:22 am

Just a quick question regarding the subject of GP's...does the Home Office check a person's registered address at a GP/Surgery when applying for ILR?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm registered at a surgery where my wife is registered at but we're slightly out of their coverage area....so we're registered with them at my in-law's address (which is covered)...which is literally a mile down the road from where we live. The reasoning behind this was that the GP is well-known to the family and a family friend.

Would this become an issue when applying for an ILR considering our registered address is of my inlaws rather than the address where we reside a

ricky

Post by ricky » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:25 am

i don t think home office will phone the surgery to check your address a GP letter needs to be adressed to your address to be acceptable as supporting document
you can t include any letters from the GP since it doesn t show your address it s not a proof of cohabitation

GD78

Post by GD78 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Thank you for your reply. I won't submit any documents from my GP.