ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidelines on Master requirement? URGENT!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alokyad
Newly Registered

Guidelines on Master requirement? URGENT!!!!

Post by alokyad » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 am

Hi All,

I read somewhere that requirement of Master degree for Tier 1 is dropped now and its same back to Graduation?

Actually I have done B-Tech which is listed in Point calculator and I do qualify as I scored 90 points. But if that Master degree requirement is still exist, I still can't apply.

One more thing, if my degree is listed in Point calculator, do I still required to get certificate from UK Neric for same?

So, Moderators/contributors, Anyone can help?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:26 am

if the points based calculator is giving you points for your degree then you don't need the letter from NARIC. Make sure that you are getting 10 points for english using the same degree.
One more thing, if my degree is listed in Point calculator, do I still required to get certificate from UK Neric for same?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Guidelines on Master requirement? URGENT!!!!

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:28 am

alokyad wrote:Hi All,

I read somewhere that requirement of Master degree for Tier 1 is dropped now and its same back to Graduation?

Actually I have done B-Tech which is listed in Point calculator and I do qualify as I scored 90 points. But if that Master degree requirement is still exist, I still can't apply.

So, Moderators/contributors, Anyone can help?
Yes, you can apply with graduation. If your degree appears in the PBS, you dont need UK NARIC certficate.

Please read the policy guidance which will help you in the application process.

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

See the below link to see how many points to score, 90 is not enough.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... y/#header2

tyre

you should get naric comparibility.

Post by tyre » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:40 am

if i were you i would go for naric comparibility , which is a solid proof and makes points for qualification for sure...

one of my friend had points for his qualification from uzbatkistan... and when he applied HO didnt' give him points for education.... saying naric didn't give comparibilty....

so as long as degree is not from UK..........better to go for naric....cost a bit but makes things far clearer
in search of immigration updates

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:13 am

I very much doubt that your friend would have then found his exact qualification on the points based calculator. Your friend should appeal a decision like that, because the points based calculator is the UKBA's main source of info for comparing qualifications.

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:30 am

You can apply with a Bachelors Degree now.

If PBS is giving points for your B.Tech., then no NARIC certificate is needed.
(Just ensure that in PBS; you are selecting CORRECTLY).

Just submit original degree certificate.
No marksheets, no HSC, no SSC.