ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No COA yet .....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sungindi
Newly Registered

No COA yet .....

Post by sungindi » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:19 pm

I am planing to marry my partner who is british, we have applied for a coa but we havent yet recieved it. We planned the wedding for December 27th, and i am getting worried i wont have recieved the coa in time. a friend of mine suggested we have a blessing on the day we have booked everything for if we dont have the coa and then get legally married when we recieve the paperwork, is this possible? i dont want to go ahead with it if it would affect my chances of any visa i appply for later. i know we have time yet but the application has already taken 7weeks and i have heard nothing. thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Have you thought of approaching a Church of England (Anglican) vicar?
You can be married in an Anglican church at the vicar's discretion without a COA.

sungindi
Newly Registered

Post by sungindi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:35 am

i am not in england, i live in Aberdeen. Is there anything i can do?

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:37 am

sungindi wrote:i am not in england, i live in Aberdeen. Is there anything i can do?

Wait another 2-3 weeks if not then cancel your wedding until you receive it. The homeoffice might abolish COA requirement at the end of this year or early next year.

Whats your immigration status? Is it straight forward case?

sungindi
Newly Registered

Post by sungindi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 am

i am a student, i think its straight forward. never overstayed or breached immigration laws and my husband to be is uk citizian. do you think if we went ahead with blessing would affect my application for spouse visa?

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:29 am

sungindi wrote:i am a student, i think its straight forward. never overstayed or breached immigration laws and my husband to be is uk citizian. do you think if we went ahead with blessing would affect my application for spouse visa?

You have to give certificate of approval document to Registry and it should be clear 15 days before your marriage date, that called notice period. The registry will not perform wedding without COA.

sungindi
Newly Registered

Post by sungindi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:39 am

ajmal, i dont think you have read my question. i am not saying i will get married without COA i am simply asking can i have blessing in my church without COA

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:45 pm

sungindi wrote:ajmal, i dont think you have read my question. i am not saying i will get married without COA i am simply asking can i have blessing in my church without COA

Why not, if church agrees

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Normally the blessing is performed after the marriage ceremony..not before it. i.e you are blessing the marriage.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:36 pm

You can as well get married in any Church of Scotland, if you dont get your COA before the wedding date. Its the same thing as getting married in a Church of England(Anglican)

You might also receive your COA soon, I received mine in august after about 10 weeks. So dont press the panic button yet as you might get it before the date.
Live and let live