ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa for mom rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ganesh2k_99
Newly Registered

Family visit visa for mom rejected

Post by ganesh2k_99 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:53 am

Hello,

We have recently applied for visit visa for mum and it was rejected on the grounds that, ECO is not satisfied that my mom won't go back to India after 6 months. They have given that we can appeal

It was mistake from myside that we did not submit evidence on this. Now i am preparing enough evidence to show that she will go back to India.

My question is:
1.Whether to go ahead with appeal providing enough evidence that she will go back

or

2. To apply for a visa again- The reason : I don't know, when the appeal will be heard, when they will decide,etc

what is your suggestions on this?

Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Family visit visa for mom rejected

Post by Rozen » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:12 pm

ganesh2k_99 wrote:Hello,

We have recently applied for visit visa for mum and it was rejected on the grounds that, ECO is not satisfied that my mom won't go back to India after 6 months. They have given that we can appeal

It was mistake from myside that we did not submit evidence on this. Now i am preparing enough evidence to show that she will go back to India.

My question is:
1.Whether to go ahead with appeal providing enough evidence that she will go back

or

2. To apply for a visa again- The reason : I don't know, when the appeal will be heard, when they will decide,etc

what is your suggestions on this?

Thanks
If you've now got her covered with "intent to return", then best you re-apply.
Advantage: Faster decision than appeal.
Disadvantage: You pay the application fee again.
Last edited by Rozen on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ganesh2k_99
Newly Registered

Post by ganesh2k_99 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:24 am

Hi

Rozen-Thanks for your reply. I am planning to re-apply. Do you think, buying a return tickets will satisfy ECO apart from other documents?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:37 am

Supporting documents wrote:We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable ticket or confirm travel arrangements to come to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:18 pm

ganesh2k_99 wrote:Hi

Rozen-Thanks for your reply. I am planning to re-apply. Do you think, buying a return tickets will satisfy ECO apart from other documents?

Thanks
As long as you have strong evidence proving that she will indeed return to her home country, which is why she was refused in the first place, that should be enough.
I think it is expensive and risky to buy the return ticket before the visa is granted, as she may be refused again (hopefully not) and most tickets are 'non-refundable'.
Good Luck!

ganesh2k_99
Newly Registered

Post by ganesh2k_99 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks. I will drop the idea of buying a ticket, but show other evidences of returning to India

poshah
Newly Registered

Post by poshah » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:31 pm

hi ganesh, I am also in the process of applying for visitor visa fr my parents. Can you please let me know what documents are you attaching to prove the intent to return?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Similar to visitors to the USA, the applicant should show strong ties to outside the UK (i.e. - home country).

regards

ganesh2k_99
Newly Registered

Post by ganesh2k_99 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi poshah,

Since my mom is a houswife, I have checked many persons and this what the set of documents, we will be submitting

1. Translated land registration documents
2. Six months bank statement of my father
3. Copy of pension order
4. Copy of ration card, to show that she is living with her aged mother

Hopefully, these should be sufficient

Regards

Ganesh

poshah
Newly Registered

Post by poshah » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:09 pm

thanks Ganesh.