ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

32 Weeks since FLR (O) received by HO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

calihunny
Newly Registered

32 Weeks since FLR (O) received by HO

Post by calihunny » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:47 pm

If anyone could help me I would be so grateful...

I am an American woman married to a British citizen and both of my children are British citizens as well. I entered on a visitor's visa, and before the six months were up I hired a solicitor, I was then told that I did not quality to apply under a spousal visa, and so I applied under form FLR (O). Got a letter from the home office stating that they received my application 29th of March, 2010. IT IS NOW BEEN NEARLY 8 MONTHS, and every time I call the HO and provide my reference number, I am just told to wait and they will contact me with a decision. My solicitor says she will send a letter to try to quicken the process, but doubts it will change anything.

Should I be worried? Is this a normal wait time? I really want to get back to work.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:49 pm

On what grounds have you sought leave to remain in the UK using FLR(O) ?

Didn't the solicitor suggest that you return to US and apply for spouse visa from there? The simple solution!

regards

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:28 pm

DL is not a quick way to regularisation. Those who dare to do it should be ready for a long wait, minimum of a year.

As already been mentioned to you. you should have returned home for a spouse visa.
Live and let live

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:24 am

It could be ages. And you might well not be granted leave, anyway. You can't apply for a spouse visa if you come here as a visitor.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

calihunny
Newly Registered

Post by calihunny » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks for the replies...if I did go back to the US and apply for a spouse visa, how long would it take until it is granted?

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:01 pm

It all depends on where you apply but it does take 3 - 12 weeks.
Live and let live