ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Overstayed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

YPSP
Newly Registered

Student Visa Overstayed

Post by YPSP » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:31 am

I entered UK in 2004 as a working holiday maker, I changed to student visa in 2006, I was granted visa for 3 years. Due to unavoidable problems I was unable to continue my studies in UK and as a result I overstayed in UK for 4 months.

I made a decision to leave the country in March 2010. I came back to my country voluntarily as my mother was not feeling well and had to under go an operation to remove her leg.

Meanwhile I applied for a visitors visa to Hungary to marry my girl friend who is from Hungary but now living in UK. Unfortunately my visa was refused.

I would like to re-enter UK now. Please be kind enough to advise me if any one can help me out. I would appreciate if you can elaborate on my options.

Thanks
YPSP

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Four months overstay and volountary departure from the UK would incur a 12 months ban.
Live and let live

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:33 pm

Under what basis (visa category) do you want to re-enter the UK?

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Basically Casa, he's not applying for a spouse visa which would have excused him from the rule, not married to his Hungarian girlfriend as well as (her) not excercising treaty rights in the UK.

His case is a little bit complex in my opinion.
Live and let live

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:09 pm

I wondered whether he was intending to apply for a fiance visa as his Hungarian girlfriend is now in the UK and he had intended to marry her in Hungary.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Casa wrote:I wondered whether he was intending to apply for a fiance visa as his Hungarian girlfriend is now in the UK and he had intended to marry her in Hungary.
Oh! Sorry, didn't realise that his girlfriend is now living in the UK, I apologise. A fiance visa might be a way out or his girlfriend going down to marry him in his home country.
Live and let live