ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-employed at PEO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

goldfish
Member of Standing

Self-employed at PEO

Post by goldfish » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:39 pm

There are suggestions in some posts that self-employed applicants who go for same-day service have their application referred for further checks.

Has anyone self-employed gone for same day service and had the visa issued on the same day?

(I'd prefer same day but if I'm not going to get my passport back, might as well save some money and apply by post.)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:45 pm

If people are suggesting so, I guess there must be a reason for it (personal experience, experience of an acquaintance's application etc.).

As similar posts have not been replied to by self-employed applicants who received a decision on the same day at a PEO, the answer appears pretty much clear.

IMHO ....

regards

tyre

Re: Self-employed at PEO

Post by tyre » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:21 pm

i applied last week for self employed PEO and they hold for further cosideration...........

they are keeping self employed casel........as thats not straight farward case....
in search of immigration updates

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Thanks for the posts so far. Some of the other posts said applications were held if it was self-employed + salary, or perhaps there were other complexities in their applications...

So, it would be great to hear from more like tyre (thankyou!) who have direct experience with a self-employed PEO application.

suri0483
Newly Registered

Post by suri0483 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:06 am

I applied for my Tier1 11th Oct at PEO, my application was held as my earnings included self-employment. I received my Passport on 16th Nov with visa stamped for 2years.

tyre

Post by tyre » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:50 am

suri0483 wrote:I applied for my Tier1 11th Oct at PEO, my application was held as my earnings included self-employment. I received my Passport on 16th Nov with visa stamped for 2years.

can you tell if if you applied yourself..... or applied through agent.... and then how does it work... Ho call you/agent to collect or you need to find out... ???

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:23 am

Hi Suri,

Thanks for your post. Were you earnings a combination of self-employed and salary, or just self-employed?

Thanks,

suri0483
Newly Registered

Post by suri0483 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:24 pm

@tyre

I applied myself directly. The Immigration officer witheld my application sayin further checks need to be done as my earnings included both salary and self employment (IT contracting) earnings.

After 5 weeks I received my passport (Posted to my address) with my visa stamped. Normally they do employer or client (if contracting) checks and then decide on the application.

@goldfish

Hope the above message, answers your query.

tyre

Post by tyre » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:01 pm

thanks... alot for reply