ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just a few general questions on applying for a visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gollywood
Member of Standing

Just a few general questions on applying for a visitor visa

Post by gollywood » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Its been a few years since we last acted as a sponsor for a relative, so a bit rusty & I am sure things have changed since

Basically, looking to sponsor a cousin & his wife (2 kids) for a holiday next summer from Pakistan (to UK)

1. Where can I find the application form for a visitor (so many out there!)

2. Does the evidence that we supply as sponsors have to be as ORIGINAL documents or will photocopies suffice? (eg Bank statements, Property letters from Building Society etc)

Thanks

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Application form is VAF 1B.

Photocopy or original? I think its your choice. Dont think there's any rule on that. See Supporting documents
In my opinion, you could mix them. Some original and some copies, depending on how important your documents are to you.
Live and let live

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 pm

Photocopies are fine. I've invited people many times and never provided originals of anything - everything was faxed to the invited people.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks for your replies & link to the app form - unfortunately, their links dont open up the form!!

Whats the difference between a GENERAL VISITOR [VAF1A] & a FAMILY VISITOR [VAF1B]?

I checked and we completed a VAF1A last time

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:29 pm

The forms are self explanatory. Each of the forms explains the category of visitors that should use them. As you are inviting a family member (Cousin), VAF 1B ic the right form.
Live and let live

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:25 pm

HRY2005 wrote:The forms are self explanatory. Each of the forms explains the category of visitors that should use them. As you are inviting a family member (Cousin), VAF 1B ic the right form.
Sorry my mistake! Its my wife's brother & his wife / 2 kids that we are looking to sponsor - still VAF1B?

If the latest form is the Nov 2008, then I have it, but I cant check - the official link wont open

Any other link to this form .

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:40 am