ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa concern,if main applicant is still outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ishan_cancer
Newly Registered

Dependent visa concern,if main applicant is still outside UK

Post by ishan_cancer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:51 am

Hello All,

I have a few queries/concerns about my Tier 1 application.

I have been in the UK previously for 3 years;
1 year - Masters degree
2 years (approx) - Job with a UK based company

Having lost my job in the UK and since I was unable to switch to Tier 1 because of the changes in the rules, I returned back to India.

I plan to apply for my Tier 1 visa in Dec/Jan. I would be getting married in May and don't want to travel to the UK without my husband. Therefore he plans to apply as my dependent, right after our marriage. My savings from my job in the UK will act as the maintenance funds for both of us (total of GBP 2800+ GBP 1600).

Please could any one point out if there are any issues with dependent visa application if the main applicant is not in the UK yet?

Any help in this regard is much appreciated. :)

Immigration Expert
Newly Registered

Post by Immigration Expert » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:34 pm

the UKBA will not be able to issue a dependent visa if the main applicant is not holding a valid visa. however if you have been issued with a tier 1 visa then you can apply for your dependent while you are still there.

however it is recomended you travel to the UK as soon as you can. your dependant application should not take that long.

good luck