ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is considered a straightforward ILR appl

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ricky

what is considered a straightforward ILR appl

Post by ricky » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:50 am

i am applying next week in person
i am not sure anymore what is a straightforward application ????
1-myself and my wife both been previously married we have divorce certficates will that make our application not straightforward?
2- i overstayed before in uk , but returned to my country , disclosed the overstay , been granted settlement , will my immigration history make my application not straightforward ?
should i include a cover letter ?

a part from the above everything is ok
does previous overstay , divorce make ILR not straighforward?
:?:

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:50 pm

You were granted a 2 year spouse settlement visa? If so, the overstay and previous divorce won't affect your ILR application. You won't need to mention overstay or divorce.

ricky

Post by ricky » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:27 pm

thanks casa
yes i was granted 2 years spouse visa
the thing is i was reading in other forums that people with immigration history , previous divorces the caseworker does not decide on the day , they keep the documents for further investigations and give a note to the applicant saying we will get in touch !!!!!!!!!!! despite paying premium service
this is why i am not sure if it worth going in there if that what i will get?
already been through this stress when i applied to the embassy :cry:

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:55 am

two things came to my mind when i read your post.
It can be straightforward and it can be difficult.
It can be straightforward if your ex - wife has not informed Ukba that she is no longer married to you and she is ready to support you with letter to back it up or appear at PEO with you otherwise it can be difficult.
Remember your being granted spouse visa is because you are married to her.
I wanted to say some other things but i asume you know these already.

ricky

Post by ricky » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:22 am

you misunderstood my questions mate

i was married few years ago then got divorced stayed in uk overstayed ...etc then returned to my country that was the only option to sort out my immigration issues
applied for settlement disclosed all my immigration history , married someone else which i am with and we have a child together , my wife will be going with me
my only concern is reading posts of people with immigration history and previous marriages/divorces not receiving ILR on the same day , they get handed a a note and told we have to investigate

my question :
does immigration history and previous divorce makes the application not straightforward No
does people with previous immigration history rather apply by post since their overstay is re investigated again ? No

i feel sick and tired of all this[/b]

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:24 am

Aosun. This isn't relevant as Ricky is still married to his Spouse who is supporting his application.
Ricky there's no reason you'll have a problem with this. There were obviously other issues with the cases you were reading.I've added the 'No's' above

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:36 pm

Apology please.I misunderstood the poster.
I agree with all Casa has mentioned then
the UKBA will never visit your previous immigration history again.
they have already considered these before given you the 2 years spousal visa.
They will focus your case on your present immigration status.

Your case is very straight forward.

ricky

Post by ricky » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:04 pm

thanks guys for your help
at the moment i am just putting the file together for my application which is this week this is driving me mad, can not sleep or even eat until this thing is over
i have 2 questions please:
1-can i include junk mail as well , i have a lot of letters from banks (promotion , selling loans, house insurance ...etc can i include those ?
2- in our joint bills we have Mr and Mrs xxxxxxxxxxxx for instance Gas bill we asked them to add the initials but they said the space is too small they can t
shall i include every letter i received since i arrived(junk as well) covering 2 years , i am not sure which months they want so thinking to put everything in a folder and they can choose except GP as i never visited the GP or had any health prob or shall i just put six letters

i am so confused.com

any guidance will be highly appreciated
thanks in advance

ricky

Post by ricky » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:23 am

thank you Casa and aosun007

i went yesterday to Croydon , and was granted ILR, it was very straightforward the whole process took about an hour :)