ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: checks done behind the scenes etc.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zebrudaya

ILR: checks done behind the scenes etc.

Post by Zebrudaya » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Dear colleagues

Please I have read a lot of posts by people who claimed that the case workers went behind the scene to make some checks. My question is this: From what source of information can they be making such checks? Put another way, is there any special UK computer data where entering one`s name produces all information about the person, regardless of how unknown or insignificant the person might have been in the UK?

I think it is necessary for us to know before hand whatever information the authorities have on us, to enable us prepare for any possible questioning. If it is possible for us to obtain a copy of such information, I think it will also be to our advantage. Besides, such information may be wrong or may pertain to someone else with similar names.

Please the Gurus, moderators and senior members etc should kindly throw some light on this matter.

Thank you.

lkpone

Re: ILR: checks done behind the scenes etc.

Post by lkpone » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Zebrudaya wrote:I think it is necessary for us to know before hand whatever information the authorities have on us, to enable us prepare for any possible questioning. If it is possible for us to obtain a copy of such information, I think it will also be to our advantage. Besides, such information may be wrong or may pertain to someone else with similar names.
Pay £2 for a credit report and there is all your info. If anything is wrong, open a dispute with the financial institution to fix it. It is up to you to make sure all your credit file information is accurate.

However, as far as I know, UKBA does not carry out credit checks. If they do, the results have no bearing on the outcome of your application, unless there is a serious problem (ie. you've committed fraud etc, therefore a criminal offence has been committed). Expert advice needed to clarify though.

ricky

Post by ricky » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:08 pm

they check the Police National Computers(PNC)for criminal records court cases CCj..................
they have access(HM Revenue) this is where they see if someone used public funds by checking N ationlal Insurance Number

Your financial background
We will check that you pay income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask HM Revenue & Customs for confirmation of this. If you do not pay income tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) you should send a Self Assessment Statement of Account with your application.

If you have been declared bankrupt at any time you should give details of the bankruptcy proceedings. Your application is unlikely to succeed if you are an undischarged bankrupt.

Your criminal record
We will carry out criminal record checks on all applications from people aged 10 and over.

You must also provide details of all civil proceedings which have resulted in a court order being made against you.

You must give details of all unspent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were given in court. You must include all drink-driving offences. An explanation of unspent convictions is given below.

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:12 pm

ricky wrote:they check the Police National Computers(PNC)for criminal records court cases CCj..................
they have access(HM Revenue) this is where they see if someone used public funds by checking N ationlal Insurance Number

Your financial background
We will check that you pay income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask HM Revenue & Customs for confirmation of this. If you do not pay income tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) you should send a Self Assessment Statement of Account with your application.

If you have been declared bankrupt at any time you should give details of the bankruptcy proceedings. Your application is unlikely to succeed if you are an undischarged bankrupt.

Your criminal record
We will carry out criminal record checks on all applications from people aged 10 and over.

You must also provide details of all civil proceedings which have resulted in a court order being made against you.

You must give details of all unspent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were given in court. You must include all drink-driving offences. An explanation of unspent convictions is given below.
Of course they do, sorry! :? I interpretted that question purely along financial credit check lines! :wink:

ricky

Post by ricky » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:14 pm

here is a very interesting link
which explains their checking system
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

Zebrudaya

Post by Zebrudaya » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:39 am

Dear Ikpone and ricky

Thank you very much for your replies.