ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i take morgage on post study work visa?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asmasarwar
Newly Registered

can i take morgage on post study work visa?

Post by asmasarwar » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:40 pm

hi, currently i am on post study work visa. i want to buy a house now, by taking morgage. so does it effect for my upcoming visa which is HSMP visa?
can you please clearify it.
thanks a lot.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Whether or not you take a mortgage has nothing to do with your immigration status / application. If you meet the eligibility requirements of the immigration category you're applying under, you'll be granted the visa.

regards

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:02 pm

It would be the other way around that you should be worried about. Being on a visa with an expiry date may result in you not being granted the mortgage - unless you're applying with someone who has no immigration limitations.